Earth nature field

Max level epic characters of Nordock!

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock
PokeChop

-

Post by PokeChop »

-
Last edited by PokeChop on Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
berylgreen

Re: Max level epic characters of Nordock!

Post by berylgreen »

Phoenix wrote: Abiz needs a massive overhaul, some of the quests are worth keeping and Hebdezi and a few areas are worth keeping, but the 'interior wastes' and such need to be cut down and revamped. Abiz should stay, but not as it is.
Poke, they aren't getting rid of it, Phoenix is just talking about getting rid of some of the empty space.
Beard

Post by Beard »

EDIT: Anything I post on here about Abiz has and will only be my personal opinion, and is not the deciding factor on what happens with the module, that is up to the vote of the dev team and ultimately Valikar as lead dev. I stick to programming and managing the resources, I'll simply just deny something being added if it destabilizes the module, content and such are up to Valikar and the other Devs to decide. I've stepped back from the module in regards to anything other than scripting and resource management, this is being handled by those much more creative than myself. :P

As far as my shot to Abiz about it's roleplay value Poke, many areas in nordock have content that as you adventure through them spark roleplay oppertunities, Abiz, however does nothing to inspire me while running through the wastes. From a design perspective it's a bunch of placeables jammed into giant 16x16 areas and needs to be downsized on the resource count. As far as roleplay, places like hebdezi are staying, and at somepoint even being added to, it needs a make-over so to speak in many ways, because frankly as it is, it sucks. This is all just my personal opinion, nothing will happen unless the other devs and feedback from players will make it happen. As far as this goes, it's pretty low priority to be honest, there's a great many other things that need to be cleaned up first anyhow. Pallah won't need any modifications what-so-ever, Abiz is here to stay, the landscape may see a giant sandstorm that carves it out differently.
Valikar

Post by Valikar »

We're slightly off topic here, but what the hell. I'm of the same opinion as Phoenix about abiz, and it needs an incredible amount of work to be par with what it should be. But honestly i dont think we have that kind of time, i'd rather just leave it there for now. Adjusting some of the spawns would be the first priority, they are a massive lag generator when you walk through those areas spawning and spawning and not killing anything not because you don't but because you can't even see the direction in which it spawned. Especially on 16x16 areas..

But on the notion of new, i should make a new thread about the future of Nordock. Whether we want to remain with the areas we have and just play with them a little, or branch out and remove things and then put in brand new areas. They both of their pros and cons and theres several alternatives we can do..
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Havent been playing lately, but Im not gone!
I'm afraid I have contrasting opinion on Abiz than some peoples.
Like poke, I love Abiz partly because of the reason I have learnt the place........and others have not :) , I usually know where I am and where to go, I love the mystery crafting in Hebdezi that little people know about (I imagine).

Abiz has an air of secrets over it, as if there are still secrets nowadays to be uncovered; secrets well intertwined with the history of the island. I love how the abstract "quests" can be "initiated" by taking time and read all the books in hebdezi library. It took me a long time to think that Ive seen everything there and I like at least the fantasy that I am one of the few.

In fact I've always hoped sometime the link between the story of Abiz and what can be found in the deep dark, below gibblemethin, should be completed one day. In other words, making the original reason to visit Oooss Ssaaoo (hope I got the number of O's, S'ses and A's right on that one) reality (great brain key).

I've always found that Nordock lacks (little and big) secrets (I find the rogue-part of south brosna crypt one of the most tasty monkeybusineses in the mod) ; areas shouldn't be obvious; spawns are what make an area not only (uuuh, yeah)......Like the secrets in benzor sewers: awesome but I never figured out what Vecna meant with it, I hope this part gets more modular content. Or the secret teleporter in the wandering badger that brings you to the Merry Midget Inn, I really like that one too hehe 8-)
Not meant as a complaint, but as an example of how opinions differ, so we can all realize once again how hard it is to generically cater to everyone.

recapped: This person in fact would want MORE abstract, vague, unstraight and unforward and secret filled content :ugeek:

Xillie
Valikar

Post by Valikar »

There's nothing wrong with the idea of Abiz and its content. Its the implementation of it. I like all the thought and story put into abiz. Many areas are undecorated, incomplete and have incorrect encounter placement with filler creatures that are not challening and have no unique features. Much of the epic content is this way and it could be vastly improved. Nordock is a powerful tool, I only want the most out of our content. Anyone who has played the events module can tell you what is really possible from monsters and area design.
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

After having made a map of abiz and seeing how the areas flow together... okay it's kinda cool.

I still think that the rubble and plant placeables ought to be "usable" so that I can bash or blow them up if they are in my way.
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
mmonk5229

Post by mmonk5229 »

I have heard of this post and would very much like to put my input, I myself would really not like having this level cap put into to effect, I would really like to make that awesome Elder Wyrm armor someday cause I have yet to do anything with it and have wanted to for a long time now, also I have a few other chars I would like to get to 40 like Monk and Wiz (Never had a high level magic user before) that is my opinion. Thank you