Earth nature field

Mining pick axe become invalid

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
modesty

Mining pick axe become invalid

Post by modesty »

This is an annoying bug but not hard to come around.

If the pick axe break, which it often doees, and I try to equip a new one from my inventory before the last message. The axe stay in my inventory but become grey and impossible to touch. A rest does nothing to fix it, but a relog does.

I just mention it here if anyone else has the same problem. I had to relog two times yesterday unti I became used to wait for the last line of words before grabbing a new axe. Just as it is when skinning animals.

//Maria
FooLing

Re: Mining pick axe become invalid

Post by FooLing »

I don't know how to help here after it happens except for the relog like you discovered, but if you know you are going to be mining a fair bit, you can always quick-slot the axes you want to use (prior to the problem happening). Even if the axe becomes stuck in your inventory where you can't "manually" equip it or move it around, if you had quick-slotted it prior, I think you can then equip it that way and it should "unstick" from your inventory once you do equip it. Again, if it's already stuck, you can't drag it to your quick-slot bar either, so you'd have to have this method prepared in advance of the problem happening.

Another tip for this problem or mining in general, as long as your character is not of small stature: equip two pick axes, one in each hand. When one breaks, you keep mining off the second as it drops into your main hand automatically. If you are sitting around semi-afk but still watching, you can always equip another axe after this happens into your off-hand to keep the process going. I think you'd be less likely to encounter the "sticky axe" problem this way.

One more tip, especially where skinning animals is concerned. Put the skinning knife in your off hand (a mage might have a staff equipped in the main hand for example). Skinning still works from the off hand. I don't know if it's simply anecdotal or not, but it "feels" like the knife breaks less often using this method. It also avoids losing spells if you are using a fancy mage staff, like the ones from the epic store, and still prefer your food fresh!
Xillie

Re: Mining pick axe become invalid

Post by Xillie »

It happens because you are being too fast :D
Let the round end before you rightclick a new axe to equip.

cheers