Earth nature field

Which server(s) do you want?

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock

What servers do you want to see restored?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:45 pm

epic
10%
classic
10%
diff
20%
DoH
No votes
Evolutions
No votes
epic and classic
10%
epic, classic, doh
50%
epic and doh
No votes
classic and doh
No votes

Total votes: 10
raradra
DM

Which server(s) do you want?

Post by raradra »

We're working to sort and restore files, vaults, mods, etc. Let us know what you think by voting. You have 5 days.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Xillie

Re: Which server(s) do you want?

Post by Xillie »

Is the question specifically: "Which server do you want?" or "Which servervault/maxlevel do you want restored?"
Or, is there a chance the currently running epic vault gets removed/replaced/illegal at maxlvl 20?

Cheers
Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

It's which server do you prefer. All servers except epic will automatically have their original vaults restored. Only epic will have it's original vault restored, but players offered on a case by case basis to choose if they want their original vault erased and replaced with the current vault (minus any lk items you have).
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

So technically people can vote epic and the current playervault away by voting for all other servers?:)

My personal case is that I prefer my current vault on epic; I have no LK characters, all fresh:) I should have no significant epic vault in your backups, but would love to see (some of) my old classic characters restored.
Practically the epic server nowadays, without ILR, is almost like classic with easier XP gain, very doable epic levelling costs and a lvl40 cap.
Obviously I would most like to see (some of) my old classic characters restored to my current epic vault, so that I can have a lvl 20+ career with those, after all those years :) Would such a request be possible?

Since it's impossible to restore epic lvl chars to a classic lvl20capped vault, perhaps my exact request is shared by others.

If it were impossible, I will obviously vote for a restore of classic vault to classic server to have vaults on both servers.

greets,
Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

As I said, all servers except epic will have their original vaults.

Epic players will have a choice. Either they want their original vault, or they want their current vault minus LK items. Original vault will be the default, but all current players can PM me and ask that the original vault be erased and replaced with current and I will do them by hand as I'm able.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Epic will have ILR again as will Diff if it comes back. Classic will not have ILR enabled as originally intended before we consolidated. There will be no cross server transfers. Sorry.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Whichever server(s) come back, they will have your old vault(s), with your old characters. Old rules will apply, based on what Raradra has said - No ILR for Classic, but all other servers will have ILR.

As Raradra stated, on a case-by-case basis, on EPIC ONLY, you could replace the old Epic vault with your new (current) Epic vault.

If players all choose Classic, for example, you will only get your old Classic characters. There is not a way to truncate your current characters back into Classic characters.

Keep all of this in mind, when voting. :)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

So primarily the current vault on the server will be deleted.
That means that people who have current characters but do not have old epic characters and are not on the fora (this month) will find an empty vault on login at some moment.
Not sure if that is something that would in general contribute to keeping and attracting players.

I guess for now my vote is on reducing the risk of the epic server getting voted away entirely.

ps. We would also need a strip server for ILR epic I suppose.
Valikar

Post by Valikar »

I am not particularly in favor of replacing the current vault of epic with an old vault of epic. It should probably be the other way around.

That aside, when we do go through with any changes that will be made to what servers will be available.. I will only be developing for classic. That means Llurth Drier (40+ areas) and any of the pirate isles content (50+ areas) and maybe some of Canith Isles (20+ areas) and the deadly Plane of Hate (5+ areas) will only be available on classic. This is because mostly, it is way way to much trouble to work with two entirely separate modules and foremost because Epic does not have enough resources left to add to it without haks. (The older epic version might, but see reason #1) Any further content on epic would make it far more unstable then it already is.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Wraith has said it is easier to leave the current vault as default, and only swap out old vault for people who request it. At no point will ANY vaults be deleted though.

So, ILR will still be turned on and a strip server added to the event server for a month or so, but the epic default vault will be what it is now. Anyone wanting their original epic characters need only ask.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor