Earth nature field

Player Storage/ Mulrok Chests

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Deanmon

Player Storage/ Mulrok Chests

Post by Deanmon »

I'm sure you hard working DMS already know the Mulrock chests are unstable. I'd like to report they are getting worse I use mine to store craftable materials because I just don't have room for all that junk. I was able to get about 10 working windows before I got a too many instructions error. The script seems to have deteriorated somewhat now I'm getting errors at 6 windows. There was a snippet going round about 6 years ago for a persistent chest in player housing it was supposed to work well I don't know if it would be possible to acquire that and use it. Or if the chest script would be fixable. I personally having a problem with inventory space because of this bug I'd imagine many other players are too I as hoping someone might be able to look at it at some point :)
Otherworldly

Re: Player Storage/ Mulrok Chests

Post by Otherworldly »

I'm a little confused, you're aware that the player housing chest does exist? It also as far as I know works with the exact same script that the mulrok chests do. I personally never used to put anything in there I wasn't willing to lose. Also, no stacks of items, that screws with it a lot. And as far as pages, as long as I can remember anything over 6 pages has been pretty glitchy, it's possible to put more in but you're just gambling with your stuff more and more. The chests don't work that well, it's a problem that just about every server has and they deal with it in their own way from limiting the number of items you can store to giving you a "marker" item to hold on to, which means you only save weight not space, but can never lose the item. Nordock does neither and just leaves it to the player to manage their stuff. You know the system and it's limitations, I've never had a problem with losing my stuff as long as I follow the no stacks and max 6 pages rule.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Deanmon

Post by Deanmon »

I have been on a number of other servers where this was fixed as far as I knew the housing is supposed to make use of the database system where as the chests were using tokens. Anyhow I was asked to report this bug by a dm I had given up with suggestions and reports seen as they were never well received I think I'll go back to not bothering.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Oh man, I think you mistook what I was saying for something negative. Please don't! I can't do a thing about any of that so all I can do is discuss it, so that's what I was doing. Doesn't mean I'm disagreeing with you or anything. I totally agree, if it's possible having chests not lose stuff would be sweet. Just giving you tips on keeping it from doing so in the mean time.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Deanmon

Post by Deanmon »

Not too worry I've been a bit sensitive about it I've generally been quite satisfied with the module, I've asked for a couple relatively simple ideas but mostly they've been jumped on some what. My problem is I have to remember this isn't one of my old mods even thos it very close its great shame I can't find a copy of gamers retreat anywhere there was some really cool stuff there this mod might have been able to use but I think the old operators are long gone and it was never made public :(