Earth nature field

Invalid Character - Known Spells

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
olddog

Invalid Character - Known Spells

Post by olddog »

Hi,

My character is showing up as invalid (invalid known spells).

I got him to lvl 3 then this error started. Not sure why, I would just start him again but I don't feel like having the same error pop up.

My overrides are just the usual voice-set and portraits.

I've checked him in the strip server and everything looks normal.

Any Ideas?

Account:
OldDog
Character: Malorlenlir
Senectus
DM

Re: Invalid Character - Known Spells

Post by Senectus »

Not really sure what's going on here, but sounds potentially like your character file got corrupted.... however, what class of character is it, and what is your prime spell casting ability at? Is it possible you got some spells and then your prime ability somehow dropped below what is required to get those spells? Other than that, sounds potentially like a hak interference if not a corrupted character file.

Another thing you can try assuming you can look at the character is exporting him as is, then loading him into another module running local on your end (could be the default game module) and see if you get the same error. If the ability value looks alright, it may just be a corrupted character.

Or I could be completely off the mark.
olddog

Post by olddog »

Good idea on the export, will try that. Although it works on strip.

Wizard, only two levels in it though, one monk. Was given a taralash, shame to loose it lol. Might start over and make sure it's not haks causing the problem.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

If it's a corrupted character a DM can help you re-roll and replace any gear you have.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

Since it works without error on the Strip server, it's possible it's ILR related somehow as the main difference there, besides there only being one area, is that ILR is turned off; granted ILR causing it seems unlikely. Still for the heck of it, you could try un-equipping all items and see if the error persists. If no error after removing your gear, then try putting one thing back on at a time and see if a particular item leads to the error showing up.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Does the strip server ENFORCE LEGAL CHARACTERS anyway?

Perhaps a misfortunate combination of: wizard, meta spell feats and losing levels?
Then again, the error should also be on strip server if strip enforces legal chars.

If it's a wizard, does clearing the spellbook on strip server work?

Cheers.
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

That's a good point Xillie (about ELC). One can look at the Server Details if still using the default nwn lobby, and sure enough, Enforce Legal Characters is not on for the strip server.

Of course, that doesn't help resolve the problem. :(
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

I still think there is a tiny possibility that clearing one's spellbook and deequipped any bonus spell items on strip may allow logging back into the real server, or?
olddog

Post by olddog »

Pretty certain the problem was a spells.2da i was using for a old mod of mine. Removed it, but i'll have to just create a new character.