Earth nature field

Project Anastasis - Community Jobs

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Beard

Project Anastasis - Community Jobs

Post by Beard »

So here's a list of jobs I need help with, doing these jobs will get you an optional credit in the credits screen come Alpha period and beyond. You'll be listed under the special thanks, and those of you invited to pre-alpha and alpha testing will get an official Testers credit aswell. The DMs here will also be DM staff in the new title should they wish.

Current Jobs:

- Creation of a Lexicon of Nordock:
The lexicon would be a complete record of all that's in Nordock, maps of the areas
(individually, and a layout of the areas as a global tree of areas) books and their
content, quests (NPCs, dialog, items to complete the quests, basically a guide for
each quest) NPCs and their locations, stores and their wares, etc

The Lexicon needs to be compiled for use as an overall design document to make sure
nothing is missed during Nordocks recreation in Project Anastasis. It must contain
EVERYTHING possible as it is in the module, it must also contain excerpts of
roleplay and events, a compilation of "The Tavern" forum would be a nice touch, I
want to have a compilation of player driven history recorded aswell as developer
driven and designed lore that does not conflict.

Essentially everything you could have found back on Nordock.net about the world and
the history, I want to have compiled so it's saved, and can be brought into the new
project.

Maps - Global tree of areas

Maps - Individual areas in more detail (screenshots of the ingame minimap for this
will suffice.)

Books - Book Names & content of their text

Recipes - actual recipes, item information (stats, base properties, description of
item appearance, screenshots work.)

Lore - Anything relevant to Nordock's history, society, hierarchy (whose the boss,
the Duke on the surface for example, Llolth and Kiaransalee in the Underdark),
Nordockian Dieties, even though Faerun dieties have been widely used and accepted,
there are some for Nordock.

NPCs - Names, Locations, Dialogue, Quests, Lootable/Pickpocketed Items,
Monsters/Bosses, Stores, etc

Quests - Guides including: Where to start, tips to find materials to craft quest
items, where to go, what to do, a full comprehensive guide to each quest. Yes this
will spoil for some, but it's necessary to move to the new game without missing
anything.

Loot - Items specific to Nordock that do NOT reside in the standard palette, such
as ATS crafted recipes and items/materials, aswell as custom Nordock items like
Mantle of Evocation etc everything except quest items, as that will go in the
quest guides.

Player History - all player driven groups, events, happenings that impacted on a
larger scale, such as Amolins, Xierchiens, D'Vilrath history for the drow, Grays,
Redcloaks, etc for surfacer groups, their adventures, history, and members/ranks.
Noteable mentions such as Lomothrulia Xierchien, Ilharess of Quellar Xierchien,
first in Nordock to become a follower and favored of Kiaransalee. Or, (at one
point) Richard Uther, proprietor of the Wandering Badger, etc.

Misc - Anything I haven't thought of here, PM me and I'll add it.
raradra
DM

Re: Project Anastasis - Community Jobs

Post by raradra »

I have all the races, history, lore, and deity from DoH which would be Nordock prequel. Not sure you want to go that far back though :)
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Before server merge -

House Kel'tahk'zuress (sp?) - First Drow house in Nordock before server merge (Mostly DM's when the underdark was still being built) (west server)

House Le'Tent - second Drow house (south server)

Clan D'Gorah - Main Duergar group for the first 3ish years (west server)

Silent Hand - Elite guards (west server)

House Errdegar - 3rd Drow house (south server)

Bregan - Very first non Lolth following Drow (couple years before Kiransalee). Made up mostly of males and houseless mercenary types. (Lead by Quietus and Elg'Caress - Q follows minor Diety Raradra, Elg follows Q) (south server)

----------------------------------------------
After server merge to classic (epic came much later)

Clan D'Gorah - Main Duergar group for the first 3ish years

Silent Hand - Elite guards

Bregan - Very first non Lolth following Drow (couple years before Kiransalee). Made up mostly of males and houseless mercenary types. (Lead by Quietus and Elg'Caress - Q follows minor Diety Raradra, Elg follows Q)

House Errdegar - First cohesive Lolth following Drow house after server merge (Amolin and Xierchin came later, around the time most of the house members had moved on to Lineage 2, SWG, and WoW)

---about 700 yrs ago, the Ilharess Ssin'urn Errdegahr led her House against the other houses of Nordock, driving one into extinction and another out of the realm. Not satisfied at having exiled the second house, Le'Tent, she sent her forces to track them down and destroy what remained of them. They were found far from Nordock in a wonderfully secure location in the Underdark. Word was sent back to her and she rejoined her family and followers to decimate the town which the other house had built.

Looking around herself following the final battle, she decided that the location was more defensible than anything she had seen in Nordock and set her people to building her a fine city. Though not overly large, it was clean and efficient.

Soon afterward, they discovered that there was an old access tunnel which wended its way to another town, inhabited by House Ilthy'eo Streea. This house was far less aggressive and more inclined to trading with a nearby village of deep gnomes, with the yearly slave hunts and runnings being undertaken some leagues distant in order to minimize drawing the attention of the surfacers.

Their detachment and discretion proved most useful to House Errdegahr in that they made fine trading partners for obtaining various surface goods without constituting any real threat to her house. Ssin'urn and her house settled in and enjoyed centuries of prosperity below with an equal portion of bringing death to any surfacers foolish enough to erect communities nearby, above.

The House is still strong despite repeated attempts by the Matron's ambitious children to succeed her, earlier than she would "accept", and that she has a few grand children by the sole remaining daughter of her first Consort, and a large number of children and grandchildren by her second and third jaluks. Her second jaluk died in an "accident" some years ago.

----

Shield of the Sunlit Realms - Surface Lawkeepers (Silent Hand was name only for a few years before having real players again. In the meantime the Shield got really big).
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

There was also a pretty big rogue group after server merge, but for the life of me I can't remember what they called themselves.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

There were Red Blades, but I'm thinking that before them were....Phantoms?
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

I remember the huge issues over pickpocketing and PvP, but not the name of the groups lol
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor