Earth nature field

Tailor-made questions...

A place to post information about item trades! Make sure to include your server and relevant information, like what time you normally are online!
GWGuen

Tailor-made questions...

Post by GWGuen »

I don't know where else to put this (& maybe it shouldn't be anywhere at all) so I decided to ask these questions here...

I've been working on my character's skills with Tanning & Tailoring. I've got Tanning up to 172 & Tailoring up to 334. In my adventuring I've, of course, seen lots of recipes for "Flame Dagger", "Windwalker's Tale", & more Gnomish devices than I can count but I haven't seen anything regarding some items that show up in my lists now.

Under Tanning I see that I can make "Soldier Boots", "Gladiator Boots", & "Warrior Boots" but I've never seen any recipes for those. The names seem kind of generic compared to something like the "Glimmering Shortsword of Crimson" or even the "Blackened Treated Leather Pouch", which also shows up in my list under Tanning (but I know that I need an item for that which I'm currently not high-enough level to get for myself). Can anyone give me a clue as to where to find those Boots recipes?

As for Tailoring, there are a few new items showing up there, too, such as "Arcane Robes" and "Shadow Cloak" which give me something to look forward to but I've got other questions here. First, is it really possible to make a "Cloth" Belt? That shows up in my list of the type of Lesser Belts that I could attempt to make. Is there a way to make cloth without some color of dye? I've played around with it but can't make it work so far. I also have a question about Tailored Robes in the various colors. Somehow I missed creating those as I was working my way up through the colored flowers. I presume that they have the same qualities that Padded or Leather Armors would have at the same color. My question is whether those Tailored Robes can be sold anywhere or whether I just have to give them away or throw them away in the Trash. No one at Mulrok will buy them.

I'd ask about these things in-game but so far I haven't hardly seen anyone else on the Classic server while I've been there. Please feel free to delete this post if I'm asking questions that I shouldn't be asking about. I don't want to cheat or anything like that but I would like a clue as to what I should do next for some of these things.

Thanks,
GWGuen
Lliira
DM

Re: Tailor-made questions...

Post by Lliira »

I see nothing wrong with asking how to progress in a craft. I would hope that others do not post spoilers here (spoilers are not allowed), but they can PM you with hints. There are recipes for some of the items that you mention, keep looking for them. ;) There is one recipe for the three styles of Boots.

Tailored robes cannot be sold anywhere, when we added the robes, somebody did not turn the item on at the Mulrok merchant. :(

As far as I know, all cloths must be dyed, in order to work with them.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
GWGuen

Post by GWGuen »

Thanks for all of this information! I was curious about the Tailored Robes so I made all of them anyway just to make sure what they did, and then I got rid of most of them in the Trash. As for the cloth belt, that confirms what I've seen. I don't know why Cloth belts are listed as an option but I certainly haven't figured out how to make one.

As for the Recipes for the boots, I got excited because I got something that said something generic like "Recipe for Boots" after killing something. It turns out, though, that this recipe is for Boots of Hardiness. I'll keep watching for the other ones. Thanks, again!

GWGuen
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

No, that is the only recipe. It is very vague, however. It does not make Boots of Hardiness, those are items that you can find.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I am adding GWGuen to the Master Crafter's forum, I feel it will help this solo player immensely.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

GWGuen wrote:First, is it really possible to make a "Cloth" Belt? That shows up in my list of the type of Lesser Belts that I could attempt to make. Is there a way to make cloth without some color of dye? I've played around with it but can't make it work so far.
Lliira wrote:As far as I know, all cloths must be dyed, in order to work with them.
It does appear that Cloth showing up in the list of available Lesser Belts to make is a bug, and a seemingly old one at that. I wouldn't spend more time trying to figure out how to make it.
GWGuen

Post by GWGuen »

Thanks to Lliira & Senectus for their help with these questions! I did finally realize that I didn't have a recipe that made Boots of Hardiness. I had a recipe that consumed them to make something else. I'm going to have to see what those other things are... I'll be posting in the Master Crafters' Forum shortly to see if I can get the buckles & wires that are needed to make those new boots.

Thanks,
GWGuen