Earth nature field

The Villagers Attack Back - new RP group

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
Lliira
DM

The Villagers Attack Back - new RP group

Post by Lliira »

In the small fishing village of Gieds, to the south of Sholo, sounds are heard along the quay: The cries of seagulls and other water birds, small waves slapping against the shore and the dock pilings, sailors and fishermen calling to each other. The cries of fishmongers are heard from up the hill above the shore.

It is a pleasant day, a rare day. The village has seen more than her fair share of attacks – pirates from the sea, risen dead from the old churchyard, bears and wolves from the surrounding forest. For now, the sun shines, a warm breeze caresses the face. Still, there is an underlying sense of dread. An evil older than this fair village lurks on the edge of consciousness. Somewhere deep under the catacombs beneath the old chapel, lies something…

The old, elven magistrate calls for his daughter. “I need you to round up whoever you can, and travel to the city of Benzor. Avoid Brosna, we will find no help from that quarter.” He does not need to mention that the Duke has never supported this small, unimportant village. “Gather any of the idle youth, and check the Glowing Lantern Inn for any others without work. This will give them all something to do, and may bring some a bit of gold and glory.” He continues, “I know that your mother would wish this, rest her soul, since she was our staunchest defender…” his voice wavers, then trails off for a moment. He then clears his throat to continue, “We are not strong enough to defend ourselves any longer. Seek the Guard Captain in Benzor, Henroid Tucker is an old friend. Ask him if he can spare us a regiment of guards. Even several strong men would help. Now go, child.”

//I have not thought up a name yet, but here are my rules:

1) One class, all the way. No multiclassing, at all.

2) No twinking. None. No, not even a bag or "starting" gold. Trades with other group members are fine. DM gifts are fine, if given directly to this character. See the part about no twinking at the beginning of the paragraph. Twinking means giving your lower level character items from your own higher level character, or from other higher level characters. Your low level character would have no possible, realistic way of meeting your high level character, ever. And in real life, how many millionaires take pity on you, and gift you? Not many.

3) Starting level cap of 10, per suggestion from another DM who might interact with us. If we behave.

4) Crafting is encouraged. You do not have to, but it does help to keep you busy. And will be needed, later on, when we might decide to take on a certain nasty undead thing, who thinks he is all that.

5) Loot rules: If you are in a party, designate one looter, and then split the proceeds at the end of the adventure. Free for all looting is unfair to most party members. (There is always one loot hog. Not in this group, thanks.)

6) You must choose a RP name. No numbers, no weird symbols. One ' is okay. Or a hyphen. Also, please do not use titles, unless they are a humble descriptive of a villager-type character. So and so "the Untested", or so and so "the Meek". No "the Strong", "the Brave", "the Great" or any other description that has not been proven. "the Fishmonger" and similar are fine, LOL!

7) Surface races are allowed. Svirfneblin is allowed, perhaps the family works in this small village.

More later.

Please sign up below. :)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
artemishadow

Re: The Villagers Attack Back - new RP group

Post by artemishadow »

I will certainly partake in this group Lliira, I call the paladin slot!

Arte

EDIT: Trinamir Izbael, Paladin of Red Knight, is added to the roster!
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

I'll join in with you guys. I don't have a lot of time these days, though.
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

I'm in as a pure rogue, depends on what time we're doing this.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Times will be discussed. Name your best times. :)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Wyndfol

Post by Wyndfol »

I'm in....will do a rogue

Mouse (the street urchin)
*She has never shared her real name with anyone

Best time for me is nights during the week (Hawaii time) and anytime Saturday.
Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono...the life in the land is perpetuated in righteousness
artemishadow

Post by artemishadow »

Any time is fine for me, just every other weekend I'm with the family, but I will announce IG when those weekends will be.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

I just saw this, I want in of course.

Already gonna appear to nag some but I would like see some clarity and possibly some goal for the group? Or some origin? Race? Not all of them have to be specific of course.
I now see "villagers" and "red knight paladin" and "rogue" combined and get a bit confused.
Perhaps not impossible though.
Does anyone have a holistic vision yet?

I'm already loosing parts of my sanity on crafting with my "personal" characters (jeweling argh) so people shouldn't count on me taking up a craft I think. But Im never sure about not crafting.
I think we can assume there will not be much crafting. :)

*crunches brain*

How about a gang of dervish rebels?

Unless someone has a problem with it (anthroposophically); I assume them to be reminiscent of Turks. As far as I know they have always been hostile to both the original abizines and the brosna settlers. We might represent a faction within the dervish that no longer wants to be enemies of every neighbor (no reference to current state of the world ahem :? ).
Also I think a dervish setting could allow something like both paladins and rogues (of course not multi > see rules). I love eastern settings, even if they are cliche 1001 stories, not that Abiz isnt more than that. We could dress in eastern colored/shaped clothes, pick eastern sounding voicesets, whirlwind with scimitars as true dervishes, for those who like doing that. Find peace with the other peoples of Abiz and a few artefacts from ancient abizines in the process 8-)

Abiz is not linked to ATS crafting,hard at low levels, very hard at level 1, but I've often thought it should be possible:) If we stick to paths we can seek legendary battles with the earthdemons perhaps.

Do say if you think its a bad idea (too hard vs too little time for instance, or perhaps too controversial) or if you have a better or easier idea.

Race would be limited to human, alignment we can talk about

greets,

Xillie
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Xillie wrote: How about a gang of dervish rebels?

Unless someone has a problem with it (anthroposophically); I assume them to be reminiscent of Turks. As far as I know they have always been hostile to both the original abizines and the brosna settlers. We might represent a faction within the dervish that no longer wants to be enemies of every neighbor (no reference to current state of the world ahem :? ).
Also I think a dervish setting could allow something like both paladins and rogues (of course not multi > see rules). I love eastern settings, even if they are cliche 1001 stories, not that Abiz isnt more than that. We could dress in eastern colored/shaped clothes, pick eastern sounding voicesets, whirlwind with scimitars as true dervishes, for those who like doing that. Find peace with the other peoples of Abiz and a few artefacts from ancient abizines in the process 8-)

Abiz is not linked to ATS crafting,hard at low levels, very hard at level 1, but I've often thought it should be possible:) If we stick to paths we can seek legendary battles with the earthdemons perhaps.

Do say if you think its a bad idea (too hard vs too little time for instance, or perhaps too controversial) or if you have a better or easier idea.

Race would be limited to human, alignment we can talk about

greets,

Xillie
I could possibly do another version of Catapault's Abiz youngsters, some other time. :) I found it very fun.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

I was thinking about making some sort of druid or bard. Still undecided. I might see if I could have Jeff (or someone) change my character into a kobold, depending on what kind of direction this group takes.