Earth nature field

Blackavar

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
Otherworldly

Re: Blackavar

Post by Otherworldly »

Ah PK! You beat me to it ;) lol kidding but modays and thursdays work well for me, i have a lot of control over my own schedule so I won't be too hard to work in any time. What about you BG, interested? If so when and in what capacity are you available? If anyone else is interested just post what days work best for you and what class you'd like to conribute, hopefully we can get something going pretty quickly

I do like the idea of having a lvl cap, and while I'm hesitant to exclude twinks, I will say this-if you're looking to twink and build an uber character this might not be the group to include them in. By all means do those things, but it wouldn't really mesh well. What I'm looking to do is create a player group where each character is relying on other characters strengths to make up for their own short comings, not a group where every party member can just wail on everything. and it will likely be a little slow paced. Please join, just try and respect that sentiment. Items used should preferably only come from loot found in the group and gear made by players in the group to encourage crafting as something to do in the off time as opposed to lvling.

How does a 2-3 lvl cap a week sound? Does that sound a little low, or even on the high end, to you guys?

We have a wizard, so keep that in mind when thinking of a class. In the spirit of keeping everyone more reliant on the group what are your thoughts on not multiclassing till say, lvl 12-15?

I'll let you guys decide what roles you want to fill and then pick my class, but I've a few in mind ;)
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

I'm in the middle of moving into a different house. Give me a couple weeks, and I'll see if I'm able to join or not. I'd like to, if I can. Feel free to start without me, and I'll join later (if so).
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Hmm.. that last post was a little convoluted-like the da vinci code, only harder to crack.

What I was saying is that while I have no problem with partying with twinked characters normally this is a group that is intended specifically for untwinked, non "cheez" builds so to speak. The type of play being sought after is not conducive to a party with any items not readily found by characters of their lvl and abilities. As I've said, just looking to have some fun in a party where everyone has a role to play and good teamwork wins the day as opposed to the right gear. If by some chance the heavens part while we're off on our adventures and we find a crazy good item by all means we will use it, just no items like and such as gifted by anyone.

So keep good party dynamics in mind when choosing a class. Like I said, I'll hold off and try and fill any void we may have.

Also-Phoenix, Brainley, you guys interested?
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

Got a great start on this tonight with three of us and it was great. Lots of good rp like we used to have with the svirfs. I will be looking forward to this group. Thanks for getting it rolling O!
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Yeah, was a little impromptu but loads of fun-thanks PK and BG, couldn't have done it without you.

We came up with a few ideas while ig tonight. It looks like we're going to work on getting our characters up to lvl 4 on our own, or with the group, at undesignated times to prepare us for running quests as a group effectively and buy some time for more people to join in if they choose.

We were also kicking around an idea about multi-classes. At first it was thought that maybe we wouldn't multi class till about 12-15th lvls, after further discussion decided on something a little different which I've since thought on a little more. Since the only reason we're considering this is to make sure everyones roles are specialized and therefore requiring them to rely on the team, instead of saying no multi-class till lvl 12 or so, how about only no base multi-class till about then. Taking a prestige class generally makes you more specialized in a certain aspect of your class, not more diverse a character, or just gives you some cool rp ability up until about 6th lvl of that class anyway, so taking 6 of one base class then specializing in a prestige for 6 more would leave you in about the same place (lvl 12) as it would if you decided to multi class two base classes starting at 12 anyway. Idk if i explained that very well so sorry if that wasn't clear. I understand that if your intended dual base class doesn't match your races preferred youll take an xp penalty-you'll be fine. You're not gonna fall far behind and that kind of serves the point of further leveling things out. Sure you can take two base classes, but it's gonna potentially cost you some xp, think of it like an ecl.

Also, we decided that we'll go ahead and get our characters we're gonna play with to lvl 4 before we begin officially meeting. You can do this on your own time on your own, or, preferably if you see one of us on with our group character join in with us. Once I hit 4 I'll probably be starting crafting.

By the way, as it stands we have a gnome wizard, human? fighter and half-orc druid. I did say that I'd wait to fill any holes in the group which I meant, I'll be working on this druid for now but if it becomes apparent we need a different position filled i have a few other characters to fall back on (rogue, barbarian, bard, fighter) though I'm not sure we'll need to do that.

Anyway, like I said post when you're available and what you'd like to play as if you're interested. Also, any suggestions or ideas please share!

See you all ig
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

I'll try and join the group. I think I'll be able to make the next Monday and/or Thursady.

If there's a particular class you'd like to see represented, let me know and I can roll that up.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

right now we have a wizard, fighter and druid. I trust you to figure out something you'll like that fits in :) this session was all rp, so no experience has been gained on any of our characters, like I said I have a few different classes roled to fill any hole. take your pick!
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Oh, forgot to mention. The level cap, instead of having a set number of lvls added a week we're going to set the lvl cap to max 1 level higher than the lvl of those who choose to only lvl while in group. To make this easier to keep track of we'll post the current cap after each session. Right now obviously is the exception, get your characters all the way to 4 if you'd like or as close as you can otherwise. If at some point you fall behind the group youre welcome to work on catching up in lvls one your own time, I'll probably be around fairly often to help out. if my character's in danger of exceeding the level cap would anyone object to my using another one of the potential characters I rolled to party with those trying to play catch up so long as I played them according to the same rules? Or perhaps instead of ever using the character I use in group to help people catch up i could choose from one of the others to only use in order to help people get caught up? All thoughts on this appreciated.

On that note, how easy would it be to make an item to turn off xp gain? I know there's a lot on peoples plates right now so unless this is somthing that would be pretty simple to make happen and that you'd be willing to do I wouldn't worry about it, just wondering. Would help a lot for this, as well as help those that don't wish to lvl beyond 20th (although I suppose they can just visit the epic store)

Remember, craftings gonna be important for this group-so if you find yourself itching to play your character but have reached the lvl cap there's always that-or just some good old fashioned rp :D
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I recall a group dealing with level caps in the past and all they did was not go through the level up process if they had gained a level while at the cap.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Paul_Kettlebones wrote:I recall a group dealing with level caps in the past and all they did was not go through the level up process if they had gained a level while at the cap.
This, and as long as you are not needlessly running around and killing monsters, the loss at level-up shouldn't be too bad. If others in the group need to catch up, don't run your level capped character with them, perhaps just hang out and RP.

Otherworldly, I see no problem with you running one of your level one alts in place of a capped character, as long as they are not twinked.

And yes, Tempest is human. Because I want a WM/CoT, I'd prefer to take as few fighter levels as possible. But I do have to take the required feats for Weapon Master, so that could take a few levels. (At least this time, I set her stats up right. In the past, I have given a fighter 12 intelligence, only to find out that I could not take Expertise. Gah!!)

BG