Earth nature field

No skills in crafting, but is a master crafter

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
modesty

No skills in crafting, but is a master crafter

Post by modesty »

I tried to craft with my character Rarania Dy'nesh today on Epic. When I began, I got strange warnings. When checking, all crafts were reset to 0. (Se pics)
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt33 ... rania1.png
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt33 ... rania2.png

Worried, I checked my drow master crafter in Epic, Rithiel La'neth, and all her skills were also reset to 0. Same there, a lot of time invested to no avail it seems.

This makes me both sad and frustrated, what might have gone wrong?

//Maria
Lliira
DM

Re: No skills in crafting, but is a master crafter

Post by Lliira »

Are these characters from the original vault? If so, then the database became disconnected. A reset will fix that. I am at work, and do not want to kick everyone off Epic. I can reset after players log out. (I can't log on to make an announcement, I do not have the game installed here at work.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Nope, database didnt get disconnected.
Either quantumlogics may give her skillpoints back after reset (small chance), or something may be wrong.

Speaking of original vault characters......If your skillpoints were mastered on the old richterms retreat server, they would be lost nowadays.
When raradra restores characters from pre-2011, she only restores the character files, not their old database values from pre-2011 crash, right?
Can you confirm that your skills were mastered after 2011?

Anyway, looks like she may need some DM database management help or maybe some nudg'n 'n fudg'n if you know what I mean 8-)

cheers,
Xillie
modesty

Post by modesty »

Both are old characters, restored from the vault. Is loosing all skillpoints in crafting a fact for all restored characters?

Characters in both Diff and Revenge crafts as usual and are unaffected. I've never had a crafter in Classic.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I have rebooted the Epic module, check your characters again, Modesty.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
modesty

Post by modesty »

I just checked both characters, but no change. Both have 0 skill points in all primary and secondary crafting skills.

//Maria
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Catch a DM in game, we will have to manually fix your characters.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
RKtheFlat

Post by RKtheFlat »

I am having this exact, frustrating issue (as I also posted on the facebook group). Old characters from original vault, one master crafter for everything*, and several master weapon crafters with the related (mining, smelting) skills likewise maxed, all of my old characters have 0 points in all skills; at a suggestion from facebook I paid the 50 gold to get the 5 points in blacksmithing on one old character that got restored. This is not the database disconnect error, it has persisted through multiple resets, this is the "my character was made in the early-mid 2000s" and got restored error.

*Except tinkering, I never mastered tinkering.

-Roadkill
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

:( Meh. We never had this trouble with Classic or Diff. For whatever reason, the Epic vault has issues. If you can prove crafting skills, such as with high level crafted and signed items, we can restore some of the crafting points.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
RKtheFlat

Post by RKtheFlat »

I dunno what signed means, which could be human memory failure, but I can show you Simins inventory and you can see that he was a craft mule primarily. I believe Prigdush' inventory and Elissandris as well prove that.