Earth nature field

Max level epic characters of Nordock!

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock
raradra
DM

Re: Max level epic characters of Nordock!

Post by raradra »

We still need to know What kind of character are you playing? And the real question now. What area do you go to that challenges you the most? How challenging is it? :)
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

I like to play non casters. I play a caster reluctantly because I also hate being excluded from parts of a game.

Based on the gear, and enemies here. The closest could come up with was a fighter/bard/palemaster with emphasis in fighter.
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

It's also important to know which areas high levels find challenging. That way when we do events that cause dynamic changes, areas that are working/loved don't get removed for resource space :)
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

All I've seen people want to party and visit after like...level 16.
Brosna Sewers
Abiz
Derro and Kuo toa
North Run
Plane of Rage
Fire blasted pass

Not so popular, but I have been regularly trying...
Plague lands
Temple of the dead
Xyxyayxtatcttauiaabcde (the black dragon in the UD)

I haven't yet but intend to try
elder wyrm
draco lich

Also, please don't change anything betwixt Benzor and Brosna. That would be a crying shame.
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

In addition to the things people have mentioned, I'll toss in a few places I tend to think hard about before visiting.

The Old Brosna crypt is usually a challenge, especially for spell casters... don't like going there alone with a spell caster because it's too easy to be spent when you finally get to the spot you want to be fresh. It's a fairly good challenge for non-casters as well. Some folks may not go there because of the challenge, some may not go there because you need a decent rogue (or rogue skills) just to get in and past some spots. Under the brosna sewers is another place with a bit of challenge in spots... heck, anyplace you run into a group of fallen druids and liches can be a nightmare unless you brought along a high level paladin or cleric (or maybe a high level mage). Again, equipment can make a huge difference in such battles as well.

Gibblemethin (gibble what? some folks may say) and the related Ooooss Sssaaa (sp?). Nuff said. Bet it doesn't get a lot of visits but I wouldn't want to see it go - been there once already since you reopened for business and for a very specific reason (would miss it), and do plan additional trips. And for folks looking for a challenge with a beginning and an end, this is your puppy (Ooosss Sssaaa). Could finish up the end with a neat little reward or possibility for a reward or other challenge, or game changing impact.

Abiz was somewhat generalized in other posts but lots of places to visit there and for various reasons. Would miss it (all of it) not being there - for example the Tempulos, Tremulos, and Tumulos (or however they are spelled) - those make many a melee character shiver. Many a caster is not too fond of them either unless they get the jump on them.

What, no nod to Skree?... how many folks seek out that fight (though maybe with dev not so bad - so can rephrase: how many of you without dev seek out that fight.... I thought so)?

Have been to the Elder Wyrm on other incarnations of the server, have yet to make a visit there on this one... always a challenge unless built expressly for that challenge (and even then, the outcome is not assured).

Some areas really do come down to build and equipment making the difference between manageable and extremely difficult.

Plaguelands with a group is not so bad, but with only 2 to 3 attempting it, can be quite the challenge (assuming you aren't tricked out with all the best gear).

In the underdark, the Kua Toa dwelling and their whips, the Duergar Savants in their "hovel" - and as someone mentioned, gotta give Icthy the proper respect. There are also various crypts down there that can be a challenge, especially so if you are missing a particular class (or skillset) from your group.

Don't know how many active players are running Dugs, but less familiar with some of those areas.

Hate going to fight fairies (dread may be a better word), if my character has limited spot. They are annoying even with spot.

No mention of Penna?

I've got various builds, and there are some I like taking better to some of those spots than others, though some of those spots different builds can do alright with difference tactics. Not too worried about taking my near max level spell casters to most areas, but have to think hard about the no rest areas or areas with limited mobility or other restrictions on them. The melee characters think twice when they have trouble hitting a particular creature or damaging it. And again, equipment can make a huge difference between success and failure, not just the build.

Sorry for the rambling post... if you want more specifics, I'd be happy to try and PM some, but was also being a bit general. I probably forgot somethings I wanted to mention.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

If you have more details to share that you don't want to post due to spoilers, you can PM Valikar with them :)
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

Has any thought been given to making a single designated surfacer and Drow city raidable? Maybe Faukalt and Loknar?

This wouldn't take up that many more resources and could be a great way to act out your alignment in a realistic way.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Wulf wrote:Has any thought been given to making a single designated surfacer and Drow city raidable? Maybe Faukalt and Loknar?

This wouldn't take up that many more resources and could be a great way to act out your alignment in a realistic way.
Good idea, I'll talk to the guys
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Valikar

Post by Valikar »

FooLing wrote:In the underdark, the Kua Toa dwelling and their whips, the Duergar Savants in their "hovel" - and as someone mentioned, gotta give Icthy the proper respect. There are also various crypts down there that can be a challenge, especially so if you are missing a particular class (or skillset) from your group.
Derro Savants*
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

Yup - them's the ones I meant. 8-)