17%
I don't play on Epic or Diff.
No votes

Total votes: 6
raradra
DM

Vote on CEP addition or not

Post by raradra »

So we were thinking it's about time we add CEP to epic and Diff servers to allow for some cooler additions. I could swear we already had, but apparently only on DoH.

Vote below!
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Re: Vote on CEP addition or not

Post by Lliira »

I cannot speak for Epic players, but I think Diff would look cool, with a face lift. And I will be able to see Foo's characters' heads. ;) (Well, maybe. Some of them are haks from other mods, but CEP would help some others.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

My two friends who play epic recently would also vote for CEP to be added
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

At 4 votes pro, I thought it was a good time to cast my no-vote.
In 2016, I don't wanna be against too much in general, the reason I am here is simply because I don't believe it is technically possible.
My fear is that it happens too loosely, it WILL consume more mod resources, maybe only down the line though, which could lead to removal of other parts of the module, etc,etc, more and more people disagreeing....

People getting nwn running patched and with a unique cdkey in 2016 should be tech savvy enough to get CEP, so the argument it pushes away non (technical) non-cep players is not as big anymore.
On that note, I have always HATED CEP because of the complete chaos in version management and the crippling effect many CEP installs have had on playing on non CEP servers or the original campaign (often leading to crashes of nwnmain). I vagualy remember this issue haunted NaDoh as well. This issue led to sighs of relief whenever I decided to clean my nwn folder of the "CEP virus" lol.
Also, some of the CEP art is of nwn quality, but I've also seen graphics and tilesets that IMHO do not reach that quality standard....but that would be one of those minor things that would not make me against it.

I want to believe in a perfect world, but for now my paranoia is totally hyperbolically convinced that this is not possible and will lead to the destruction of the module, the community and eventually the world.
Wouldn't mind reading about a perfect CEP version nowadays that is 100% stable and does not make a module any bigger in itself, nor does it interfere with generic nwn files.

Also, why not on classic? Which server was supposed to keep its module closed again and which can still be added to?

Cheers,
Xillie
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

You raise very valid concerns, Xillie ma' boy, but this thread is about whether people want the extra content or not. The technical problems that might come up with it are already on the table. We need to figure out the "if" before we move on to the "how" arguments.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

I welcome new content:)
I am for a perfect and easy installable CEP that has no negative impact in any way to existing content hehe.

So any reason why not on classic?

If implementation turns out hard/impossible, could it be possible to run an "addon module" that has all ceppy content of different types than the main mod and no content of the types found on the main mod (no farmables of general type)? Then....link the servers with a shared vault? (As the strip server is doing right now, right?)
Uhm, hey, how about, just for fun, expand the strip server? These are sideline questions by the way.

Cheers,

Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Wulf wrote:My two friends who play epic recently would also vote for CEP to be added
Tell them to come vote :p
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

Not everyone wants to join forums. ;p
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

That's fine as long as they know that their votes don't count ;)
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
DreamWeaver

Post by DreamWeaver »

Even though I haven't played in years (especially on Epic/Diff) and aren't able to vote (closed?), I think anything that'll let the devs breathe new life into the servers without adversely affecting their "spirit", reenergize the player base, and to Xillie's point, not bring the whole thing tumbling down, is in the + column for me.