Earth nature field

Drow on Nordock

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Wulf

Drow on Nordock

Post by Wulf »

So I'm thinking of rolling a new Drow. It got me thinking about the lore and history of Drow on RR.

I played a Xierchien for a while before, and played in Vecna's drow group, so I know a bit. But what else has happened with the Drow here?
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
berylgreen

Re: Drow on Nordock

Post by berylgreen »

Phoenix, Zarcoff or Shadowdancer will have to answer you on Xierchien...they are active. :twisted: If you previously had a Xierchien, I am sure there would be no problem with you re-rolling. PM one of them for details, if you have forgotten.

A few of us who played on Diff had started a group over there, d'Vilrath. We have rerolled some of them here. :) You are welcome to try a d'Vilrath, I will send you a PM with details.

There are a few stray, houseless drow, as well. ;)
Wulf

Post by Wulf »

I meant what kinda of events have taken place in RR history in the underdark. Like on the surface I know the story of the how nordock became separate from the rest of the world, more recently of the paragor cult, the hextorites in west benzor, the mith baruks, the svirfs and their apocalypse, and of course blaxkevar.... So I have an understanding of the world in which to make my charater background. I was wondering what has happened, what is the story.
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
ShadowDancer

Post by ShadowDancer »

That would be completely dependent on the server... how they got there would be information for Raradra or Valikar to fill in, what happened after depends on which server you're asking about..... as what happened on Classic with the Xierchiens, Amolins and Zerrinaths, did not happen on Difficult with 'Lloknar or d'Vilrath... and i have no clue of any Epic drow houses, though I know X was there a bit, but not near the presence it had on Classic..... its pretty much accepted its a mishmash atm, what happened to your house happened, how you close the gaps so the history meshes with the current goings on is...well current RP.
Plans? What plans?? I'm making this up as I go!!
V For Vendetta
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Through history there have been somewhere around 20 'houses'. By houses I mean player groups with more than 3 people who ran structured role play as a house. Back in the very beginning, the Underdark was teeming with people. An average login brought you into contact with at least a dozen or 2 dozen people on 'South server' and I believe at least 'West' server had several as well. I am unclear on East server.

When we combined all the servers into one for awhile (original classic) we had a TON of Drow running around but I can't remember all the names. We had these huge grand scale events on a regular basis, including wars between Drow and surfacers. In fact, I met my now husband in one such event. We slowly died out long before Epic was created as people quit, were banned for exploits, or real life drama stepping in.

After splitting servers back into classic and epic, the houses changed again and most of those still exist in some form at least.

I think there some real history in the old written histories, and know for sure there is an original list of Drow houses, but I no longer have them (lost my hard drive). I did give copies to Richard_Uther at the very least so he may still have them. You can catch him on the facebook group.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Zarcoff

Post by Zarcoff »

Xierchien has two books in the module created years ago. One was written by me, and the other by Maubrican/Meow2000. There's a few books about Drow events that were run too.
-- Zarcoff Thornewood
{DM Shar}
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Interesting, can someone tell me where I could read some of the histories for both the underdark and surface? All I know about the history of Nordock is what actually happened ig-and that all being on classic really. I have no knowledge of any Nordock lore, I think. I may know a few things without realizing xD
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Hmm....check the library at Sorcere in Chaulssin. ;)
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

Most or all of that was lost when Nordock.net went down. I deeply miss the svirfneblin group and forums.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

I gave a bunch of stuff to Richard Uther last year but I had a hard drive failure since then so I no longer have any copies.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor