Earth nature field

"the limb collector" campaign

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Richard_Uther
DM

"the limb collector" campaign

Post by Richard_Uther »

I just made up that name. Don't pay attention to it because I'm aware that it sounds stupid. I'll probably think of something better later on. Bare with me as I explain what this is about.

Now, as you may know, Nordock 2 was based on stories, driven by lenghty quests divided in chapters.You would start a quest at level one and the finale would be at 20. Most of it was written by myself, Anslyn and Fetlock, so they are obviously quite insane. I don't mean they are Insane as in funny, just that they are weird. Outside of the "Orcs are attacking or a Dragon is raging" box.

One of my favorites was an idea from Felock. He didn't write the quests, he just created this weird character and started tossing around ideas of what type of quests we could build around him. And it was brilliant. Just one NPC and the range of type of quests we could use him for went from X-files type of stuff to Dr Who or Scooby Doo.

So I decided to adapt that character and the quests around him, and bring it here. Last night I started one of those quests, and as far as I know, the few people involved had fun. well, noy Phoenix, he jumped into the quest way near the end so the NPC was completely ignoring him.

In any case. This is a Horror/Mystery type of series of quests. Not a lot of fighting going on, other than whatever you may find on the road. So if you enjoy quests that are more about roleplaying your character's skills that don't involve killing stuff, pay attention to what NPCs say around you.

This is not a sign up thing, I'm just letting you know that if you're that kind of player, I have something going on. For the ones who enjoy fighting stuff, don't worry, I'll still buff monsters up while the odd zombie walks away looking for Stella.