Earth nature field

UD

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Xillie

Re: UD

Post by Xillie »

As far as I know integrating canon stories from a playergroup (socalled navy cloacks or something in this case) used to be forbidden. Pretty sure others can confirm this.

I just totally ignore any story content on Kabu. I only go there to powerplay for many goldpieces. Like many of the "beautification" areas, they appear modified (nerfed) after design (by someone else than the designer) and before module implementation. I tend to evade these failed areas. Fakault makes no sense.
Practically any other collection of areas in the mod currently is "better" than kabu.

The problem of areas changing hands is gone thank god.

Development is very disciplined nowadays, leaving the server actually still running a real, whole version of Nordock in 2015 instead of an empty, whimsical balm-tussaud museum catering to the tastes of a few people that haven't played for years.

I admit that I was afraid it was gonna be like that, I give great kudos to the main decision taker(s) for actually succeeding setting up a wholesome Nordock experience.

greets,

Xillie
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Imagine epic shop and epic levels costing "raradra-pennies" that you can buy in the "raradra-store".

I'm having a bit of one of those days again, sorry for my wordings.

So I'm very happy there is still a free, pretty much original nordock server around.

Hail Mama Raradra.
Valikar

Post by Valikar »

Hm.. Valikar store. I like the sound of that actually. Currency for this store will only drop from other players when killed.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Actually, when I updated the Nordock history in like '04 (maybe '05) I did include any player group that was still active and had been around more than 12 months. I also wrote the Nordock Drow history going back to the beginning of Nordock.

All lost though :(
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I could tell you the Navy Cloaks' backstory, but I won't. I had two characters in the group, both were imported here (Beryl Green and Chrysoprase, copies that I had saved.) Kabu/Fakualt was a collaboration between DM_Faust and DM_Gravity, along with Gru'ud and other devs. Navy Cloaks' part in it was small, they were the hired militia that helped beat back the goblins and such, from Fakualt.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Lliira wrote:.. they were the hired militia that helped beat back the goblins and such, from Fakualt.

Aaah, I remember those. Now it makes more sense.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I think that more than half of the Navy Cloaks members were DMs at the time. Odd little group, but there were some fun events. Such as the burning down of the Salty Dog, and ensuing search for the mage who did it. It was not a long-lived group, but I think that it gave the DMs some PCs/NPCs to use for the lore behind changes. Not that we remember it, now. ;)

Oh, wait....all of them were DMs, except me, at the time. :lol: (I jest.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Beard

Post by Beard »

I'd rather get support from the community to help with my upcomming project with Richard Uther, reboot Nordock into UE4 and get help testing it to help keep it as true to the nordock experience we have with a shiney new skin on it. That way we can do alot more with the Nordock universe in creating a more Epic level experience that's scaled properly and no limits to what we can do with it. As DMs we can enable more in depth control to running events, one example would be like a dragon attacking a city and burning down the Badger, a DM could potentially literally burn down the badger, not presently possible in NWN. If anyone is going to put in the effort to 'fix' or 'finish' Nordock it might aswell be done in a new engine and get updated across the board.
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

No man! don't talk about a project that doesn't even have a design document, it jinxs it. But yeah, with the Unreal Engine we can have something like Skyrim, where all of the sudden you have a Dragon on a rooftop. Or, more simple stuff, but that would be cool. like rooftop chases for thieves. We can have real physics, with a mage screwing up with a fireball and actually setting a whole forest on fire. But seriously, lets not talk about it because it's a big project. I already went through the frustration of cancelling Nordock 2 and letting people down. I don't want to go through that again.
Beard

Post by Beard »

Don't worry, I'll crack the whip and keep you working away at it with me :P