Earth nature field

Toolset Noob needs a little (well quite a bit of help.

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Dragonslayer

Toolset Noob needs a little (well quite a bit of help.

Post by Dragonslayer »

I have finally given in to the nagging of my 10 year old son and allowed to play on Nordock (after watching me for quite a while).
I won't let him play online but I decided to get the Public release Nordock and let him play on that on my own computer.
The problem is there are a few issues which are making it unplayable, and because I can't seem to solve all the problems in the toolset I was wondering if any toolset experts could help me .

1. All the zenghi are green (friendly) so we cant attack them. How do I make them unfriendly as normal.?
2. Cappy deep (and the brosna ticket guy), are unfriendly and as such are immediately getting killed by locals when you arrive off a boat.So you can never buy keys to travel on a boat. Is this a faction issue.?
3. You can't loot any corpses. When you wave the mouse over the body it highlights but it "is not clickable" so you can't search any body's. How can I make corpses lootable like as normal.
4. Some shop keepers are hostile.
5. I would like to put in a couple of things from the CEP that I like the look of cirtain weapons and armour. How do I include this into my own mod.?
6. Dragons don't wing buffet
7. A curtain amulet from a curtain dragon doesn't seem to work. Can this be fixed so my son can try to get them?

Many thanks in advance.

Dragonslayer
Lliira
DM

Re: Toolset Noob needs a little (well quite a bit of help.

Post by Lliira »

Yikes! Hopefully Foo Ling can chime in here, or maybe Valikar.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

Most of your issues are faction related. You just need to go to the blueprints and tweak around the NPCs and mobs properties.

The body bag bug is a weird one. It never happened to me. The only thing that comes to mind and makes sense is that the order in which scripts are loaded is wrong. This could be happening if you already added CEP to the mod. If I remember correctly, it does come with a custom loot system.

As for adding items from CEP. You need to create blueprints for them and add them to the loot table. The one thing I can't remember is what kind of loot table did Nordock use. I also remember that the team refused to add CEP to classic Nordock because it was a pain in the ass to make it work properly, some scripts conflicted with the custom scripts the mod uses, so I'd say you should avoid it. That's pretty much all the little help I can give you (Pretty much none, I'm awesome!). I haven't touched the NWN 1 toolset since the sequel came out, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Valikar

Post by Valikar »

Fixing some of those problems isn't a quick fix. The faction issues you can probably edit the factions in their details to fix it. Some npcs are spawned by encounters, so you might be able to adjust the faction there or you can find them in the tool set and make sure they are the correct faction. Barring that you can just delete them, and add them in yourself from the npc list.

The amulet you'd have to check the scripts and see what's goin on there. If it doesn't work at all then it may not named right, have to go into the module scripts on use and check it out.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

What version of nordock public release do you have? Try the 2004 release

Modifying factions might cause alot of the NPCs to attack each other. And you!!
mmonk5229

Post by mmonk5229 »

I just downloaded this also and am having the same problems I did find that after the creatures spawn a second time they are in a normal order I think it's because the model loads the way it does the first time.
Also I tried all the faction changing on caption Tucker and if you change it they/he disappear. That's all I've seen but I will be doing research on how to mess with the toilets so I can help to fix it myself cause I want to be able to at if bioware or whoever stops hosting the server
mmonk5229

Post by mmonk5229 »

Oh yeah and I am also posting cause I need help to x)