Earth nature field

Anyone here good at php and linux?

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
raradra
DM

Anyone here good at php and linux?

Post by raradra »

The status page is broken and I need someone better at this stuff than me to fix it or we wont have a status page anymore.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Re: Anyone here good at php and linux?

Post by Lliira »

I only know basic HTML. But do you have a backup copy, from when Phoenix transferred it? Just a thought.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Lliira wrote:You probably already have this: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=sc ... il&id=2612
No, the one we have was written by Phoenix. I'll take a look at this one you found sometime this week and see if I can adapt it to work for us.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Celvias

Post by Celvias »

Has the script been changed much since the transfer of servers?

I checked the server, and it looks like it's running on apache so this should apply.

It could be any number of problems, but just in case you haven't already checked: look at the error_log file. Assuming the server and vhost (if it is one) doesn't have custom log config, a good place to find these is in:
/var/log - in this folder, look for a directory called either apache, apache2, or httpd. Within one of these folders you'll likely find an error_log file. If you have custom server config for logs, then you'll need to find where they're stored.

The error_log usually will have some info about specifically what's happening, whether its a PHP error or it can't properly connect and query the database which seems like a likely scenario to me, considering there's a new server involved.

Hope that helps you.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Celvias wrote:Has the script been changed much since the transfer of servers?

I checked the server, and it looks like it's running on apache so this should apply.

It could be any number of problems, but just in case you haven't already checked: look at the error_log file. Assuming the server and vhost (if it is one) doesn't have custom log config, a good place to find these is in:
/var/log - in this folder, look for a directory called either apache, apache2, or httpd. Within one of these folders you'll likely find an error_log file. If you have custom server config for logs, then you'll need to find where they're stored.

The error_log usually will have some info about specifically what's happening, whether its a PHP error or it can't properly connect and query the database which seems like a likely scenario to me, considering there's a new server involved.

Hope that helps you.
It ran unimpeded for some time after the move and then one day Jeff got a warning about something not loading right and he tried to fix it and then it broke completely. As he was getting ready to leave for military he didn't have time to look into it more and my tech people couldn't help me without me giving them the error it was generating (which I didn't know).

it's a dedicated server, not a vhost but they handle all the apache related stuff so I don't have access to any log folders that aren't site or domain specific.

You sound knowledgeable though. Any interest in creating a new page that works for us?
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Celvias

Post by Celvias »

I can help out definitely. If you've got time to forward some info over my direction, I could take a look at it within the next few days.

What kind of access do you have into the server? SSH access (by far the most useful), or Cpanel?

Here's my contact info:
Steam: exl3m

Do you have either of those services as a point of contact?
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

sent a steam request and I don't have cpanel. I have a managed server so they do most installs and maintenance. I have ftp access obviously, and access to mysql, SSL CSR , cron jobs, phpadmin, and can request anything else be run.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Celvias

Post by Celvias »

Ok, got the steam request.

Would it be too much trouble for SSH access? If not, FTP/phpMyAdmin it is.
Celvias

Post by Celvias »

I sent you a PM.