Earth nature field

[Resolved] PLayer bank chest empty

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
raradra
DM

[Resolved] PLayer bank chest empty

Post by raradra »

Play reported to me that his bank chest was empty (he was in his player house at the time)
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
berylgreen

Re: [Investigating] PLayer bank chest empty

Post by berylgreen »

I thought that the bank chests have always been bugged? I only used them when I first started on Classic, and then only for crafting materials. There used to be a sign on Mulrok, stating something about them. I am not sure if the ones on Mulrok, and the ones for houses, have the same trouble.

It sure would be nice to have extra, dependable, storage!
leutian kane

Post by leutian kane »

berylgreen wrote:I thought that the bank chests have always been bugged? I only used them when I first started on Classic, and then only for crafting materials. There used to be a sign on Mulrok, stating something about them. I am not sure if the ones on Mulrok, and the ones for houses, have the same trouble.

It sure would be nice to have extra, dependable, storage!
yeah the bank chests were always bugged , most of the bugs were in regards to storing anything but crafting mats in them if i remember correctly and exceeding a certain number of pages. if either of those things happened your chest would get wiped, most likely tho it's a bug between DB communication and the player housing scripts. this was one of the MAJOR pains of the whole migration from the old token system to DB as i remember it.
Beard

Post by Beard »

Major problem in tracing down the issue is the log files hit a "Maximum Size" determined in NWNX2 which I can't change or alter in anyway, and alot of the time unless I'm there at the exact moment it happens and the player pops in the DM channel with a notification, I can't read the server logs for any SQL errors, and if the chest 'bugs' and they close it, it updates the database as empty, so there's no 'restore' capability, which is the large reason they are bugged.