Earth nature field

[Resolved] Bugged Paladins

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
berylgreen

[Resolved] Bugged Paladins

Post by berylgreen »

If a Paladin character was created before 1.69, even though they are just a copy, there is a bug. Phoenix's suggestion to delete override BAK, and empty the override folder works temporarily. It appears that the permanent fix is to delevel the character to 4th level, and retake 5th level, which is when Summon Mount applies. I still have to test whether this is truly fixed on Iolite, Paladin of Wilencesor, by putting my override items back in that folder. (After a couple of resets, Iolite had Mount Actions, but no Summon Mount. Fortunately, she was only 6th level, so deleveling was not super painful. :roll: )

I will now work on Honor Stillfire, who is level 17. :o She has Summon Mount and Mount Actions while the override folder is empty. But she is still spawning as a horse, or stuck inside a horse. Never log out while mounted! :shock: (I am pretty sure that Honor was created after 1.69.)

---

I put everything back into the override folder, both paladins have no Mount Actions or Summon Mount. :( I am now going to create a new paladin, which should work. *sigh* If this does, I am going to need to delete Iolite and Honor, and start from scratch, if I want them to have horses, plus have all of my nifty extra graphics files. *sniffle*
Beard

Re: Bugged Paladins

Post by Beard »

I could probably just LETO give you the summon mount feat, and there's always something out there that's an outdated override that ruins feats/skills display, they're there, but your client won't display them, while if I hop on they are there. The feat though pre 1.69 patch I might be able to add like I do the horse mount actions.
berylgreen

Re: Bugged Paladins

Post by berylgreen »

Whatever you can do to fix them, would be greatly appreciated.

I am not going to delete them, I love my little halfling paladins! They have history, even though a lot of it was on a different version of the mod. (Iolite was from Classic, the Wilencesorlings playergroup, she was the leader of Team B. Honor was from Diff. If the original mods ever come back up, they will be there already. In the meantime, I am having a lot of fun playing them here.) What I have been doing is to empty the override folder to play them, and putting files back to play everyone else. My paladins find it strange that the landscape is so bleak, and that there are so many headless people out there. ;) But they have tiny little horses! :D
Beard

Re: [Investigating] Bugged Paladins

Post by Beard »

There's nothing I can really do about your mount actions/other problems, the appearance issues should be resolved, and I can't add the feat via scripts without bugs... so I'll just have to leto edit your character, see Zarcoff about that one, I'm taking a break for a bit here on development other than the player status page.
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Okay, thanks Phoenix!
Zarcoff

Post by Zarcoff »

Beryl, you've already got the feats according to LETO, so I think we'll take some time next time we're both on and delevel and restore your affected PCs. This is the best way IMO to fix it, since it seemed to work with your other Pally.
-- Zarcoff Thornewood
{DM Shar}
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

It didn't actually work, but it did fix one issue. After reset, Summon Mount went away, unfortunately. If I put my override files back in the override folder, I can no longer see either feat. No Mount Actions, no Summon Mount. :(

It seems that the only real fix for me, would be to start them from scratch.

Hmm...or I can add files back to override, one by one, trying to see which one has the issue. :shock:
Zarcoff

Post by Zarcoff »

berylgreen wrote:It didn't actually work, but it did fix one issue. After reset, Summon Mount went away, unfortunately. If I put my override files back in the override folder, I can no longer see either feat. No Mount Actions, no Summon Mount. :(

It seems that the only real fix for me, would be to start them from scratch.

Hmm...or I can add files back to override, one by one, trying to see which one has the issue. :shock:
Try this and keep us posted
-- Zarcoff Thornewood
{DM Shar}
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Okay, will try it. :) I have 4953 files in there, I might try adding 20 at a time, and seeing how that works. First, I will put back the ones that I am certain are not causing the problem. Such as the 2da files. Most of the files in there are tga or mdl - if you know of a better folder for those, please let me know! The mdl files are various heads and hands from other servers.

Thanks!
ShadowDancer

Post by ShadowDancer »

The Amia heads overwrites many other heads packs, including the CEP heads, there might be a conflict between it and another head/hands pack... also remember a number of Amia heads are seriously custom, made only for Amia, might be best to have all them in a separate folder for when you go to Amia.
Plans? What plans?? I'm making this up as I go!!
V For Vendetta