Earth nature field

Henchment

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Otherworldly

Henchment

Post by Otherworldly »

So, the hired men you can get have a bit of a quirk that you all may or may not be aware of. When you die, your ability to hire someone is reset. Sometimes your previous henchmen manages to get back on his feet. If you die and hire a new one, then come across yours from before your death and he's risen, then you can-with another already in tow, talk to him and have him rejoin you. You they show up on your party list, but you can't speak to them in conversation. This means that you can have two henchmen, although one of them you won't be able to ask to lvl up or manage their inventory. If you let the one you can talk to go and speak with the other it will be impossible to then ask both to join you again. I assume this is because, once you die your henchmen slot is made available once again and you're able to hire one. However, since you never let the previous go, if you find them still alive and kickin they'll be happy to rejoin you, giving you multiple henchmen. It's only once you've told one of them to go that the game knows to reset your available henchmen to just the one. I don't know if you were able to follow that but there's basically a flaw in the way that henchmen are hired and reset upon death. I know, the henchmen scripting is funky, big surprise. Not such a big deal really but thought I'd let you know. Also, I've always thought that if you had the money you should be able to hire one of each, perhaps also only allowing one of each per party. Or at least let us have them lvl past 10. But that's beside the point ;)
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Beard

Re: Henchment

Post by Beard »

there's two types of henchmen, there's party NPCs driven by scripted AI, and one that is your hired henchman that you as a player manage, it's likely that when you have an active henchmen there are default failsafes in the henchman code to add them as a basic AI follower instead of a full henchman
Otherworldly

Re: Henchment

Post by Otherworldly »

Interesting! Well, as long as you're aware. Seems to have a few chance variables that have to be met in order to even occur so not much of an issue. Also, I just realized I called this post "henchment", which is a typo I made more than a few times while trying to write my original post xD I should've known to check the title OMG iAm sO eMBearust!!!
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut