Earth nature field

Scroll Spell Failure

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
berylgreen

Scroll Spell Failure

Post by berylgreen »

I know that there are a number of things which can happen, if a scroll fails. Summon Balor was my personal "favorite". :shock: Yesterday, my cleric tried to use a Greater Magic Weapon scroll, she is only level 5, sometimes it works...not yesterday. First failure cast darkness. Second failure apparently cursed Paul Kettlebone's wizard with permanent darkness. I tried remove Blindness/Deafness, Dispell Magic, Remove Curse, Greater Restoration...nothing worked. Reset fixed it. Is this a bug, or is this how it should work?
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Re: Scroll Spell Failure

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

It was a medium sized bucket of suck. No matter what we tried, the darkness persisted. Once the server reset however, all was back to normal.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Beard

Post by Beard »

definitely a bug, did you notice and script errors in the combat log? Sometimes if the server is overloaded by spam of a script like you see alot with ATS when multiple people are crafting, it can interrupt timers and not get to dispel an effect.
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

I wasn't really watching it myself. There were others on but I do t recall the usual wall of yellow that accompanies such errors.
Beard

Post by Beard »

Okay, next time it happens take a look at your PC's clock and note the time it happened approximately, that way I can review the logs and see exactly what happened.
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Will do. I will likely spawn a few scrolls for Beryl to use and we will try to recreate the issue.
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Well...hopefully we don't spawn a Balor!!
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Lets do this as a DM system test. Nothing will be lost and only information on the bug as a potential gain. ;)