etc.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
FooLing

Re: Do you know surface areas?

Post by FooLing »

I'm not sure you can get into the Enchanted Forest area (on kabu if it's the one I'm thinking of ) without a key to a particular door. And I'm not sure you can get that key other than from a DM. Though it's possible I don't know the secret of getting the key.

So it might be one area for removal or paring down as most folks probably never travel there. If you mean a different area, then nevermind. ;)
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

There are a couple of areas in Brosna that probably don't get much use and most folks would not miss. The courthouse would be one, the "Brosna - Guild Hall" map would be the other.

Maybe there are some uses for them that I'm not aware of. The only thing I've used the guild hall for myself is to catch a quick nap when on that side of the city.
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Brosna Guild Hall used to be home to the Shield of the Sunlit Realms. Most of the members do not play any longer. There were many members, once upon a time, and all of those chairs were needed for meetings. :o
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I remember sitting in one of those chairs at a meeting. I was brand new here and a seat at that table was imposing. :D

That said, it is an area that could easily go away I suspect.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

If that goes where will we hold our meetings? Get rid of the courthouse! lol

Would cutting down number of areas by pooling different cities interiors in to one area work? As in create a large enough area on the toolset to impose all the areas that match the tileset in to that one area but not connected in any way other than their currently existing area transitions. Perhaps this is an issue of file size and not total areas in use in which case I guess that wouldn't work.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

That would work for smaller building sizes such as is already done in some Benzor buildings, but something on par with the courthouse or guild hall wouldn't. They are just too big. There are plenty of other places to hold meetings. Half the time we are all in the trade hall anyway. :P
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.