Earth nature field

Character has invalid skillpoints.

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Xillie

Character has invalid skillpoints.

Post by Xillie »

I have this problem after a level DROP after death of bard, red dragon disciple, my character login is refused on invalid number of skillpoints.
Any DMs around to help fix it?

Cheers
Xillie
Xillie

Re: Character has invalid skillpoints.

Post by Xillie »

I can however log in the strip server. Doesn't help though. Maybe a DM can help me on strip.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Senectus has been so kind to test if levelling up on strip would fix my character, but alas strip doesn't allow levelling up.
He's going to see what he can do with my character file privately offline.

Big thanks and cheers,

Xillie
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Ugh, I tried something like relevelling locally but it appears the character remains bugged.
You don't have to try if you read this and haven't Senectus.
Unless anyone else knows a (common?) solution to this, I guess I'm out of options.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Maybe dropping more levels on strip.....
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

I was not able to help unfortunately with the approaches I tried. Perhaps Raradra knows of a method for resolving a problem like this.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

I'm sure we've fixed it before. Did you try using the dm wand on the strip server Senectus?
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

After a long time fiddling in LETO with my local saved file, I compared to an earlier saved version:
Dropping a bard level removed 2 from my intelligence. I created my character with 14 intelligence, and I now just have 12 intelligence and the skillpoint error.
I've tried leveldropping to 1, nothing worked.
Putting the intelligence back at 14 was the only thing that allowed my character to log in to a legal enforced server.
I can provide the lvl16 backup version of the file to proof my character should have 14 intelligence.

So I expect I can get fixed if any DM could add me 2 natural intelligence on strip server.

Cheers n greets,

Xillie.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

It's so strange because the last level I took could also have been lvl9 RDD at which I would have gained +2 int! (which would have taken me to 16 intelligence and should drop back to 14 in case of death/leveldrop)!
But I didn't! I remember I did accedentaly choose RDD at first and found it out at the levelup conclusion screen, so I pressed cancel and went for levelup bard.
My death made me loose a bard level, not an RDD level. Yet for some reason the game stripped my 14 int to 12 int, so now I have "too much skillpoints".....

Anyway, as it looks now, it can easily be fixed.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

So just for clarity, I suspect DMwand can help me on strip, LETO would not be needed.

Cheers