Earth nature field

Size misrepresentations

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
Richard_Uther
DM

Re: Size misrepresentations

Post by Richard_Uther »

Chill!!! Dude. Just chill. If you want Ming to hide in your pocket or in your pants, you're free to do that. NWN has limitations on the engine, but that's it. In the old days, there was an override that would let you use wings and tails. That created a server filled with tieflings, celestials, half-demons and everything you can imagine.

And I was pissed. But not because the Badger suddenly started to look like a Sigil joint, I embraced that. The problem was that none of those morons knew what a tiefling, celestial or half-demon was. So I was surrounded by retarded characters who just happened to have lost their memory and felt strange in this world. To which they got a friendly go f**k yourselves from the Revolutionary League.

In your case, you roleplay the shit out of your character and his pixie. The pixie can wield the banana of ultimate death for all I care. Have fun playing the character and stop being worried about what the books say.
Dander7BD

Post by Dander7BD »

If we are to bring in the folk lore into this. Oh boy, mind that me being a swede doesn't make me an expert. But hey, I got a neat easy to read illustrated book the last Christmas, yay! Maybe not the best reference with a bit of less professional source declaration .. Let use it ^^

Erhhm, assuming Pixies is what we call "Älvor".
Nordiska väsen (Nordic creatures) by Johan Egerkrans wrote:Den klassiska bilden av älvor är som mycket små vitskimrande kvinnor med vingar på ryggen. Detta stämmer delvis, det är ofta så att de visar sig, men om naturväsen är föränderliga i allmänhet så är älvorna det i synnerhet. De kan ta en mängd olika former beroende på humör, årstid, miljö och vem som betraktar dem. Ibland ses de som vit dimma över en fuktig äng, ibland som små grodor eller som surrande insekter i sommarnatten och ibland är de helt osynliga.
Allow me to translate:
The classic image of pixies is a very small white shimmering women with wings on their backs. This is partly correct, as that is how they often show themselves, but if nature beings is shifting in general then the pixies are that in particular. They can take a lot of forms depending on their mood, the season, the environment and whom is spectating them. Sometimes they are seen as a white fog over a moist meadow, sometimes as tiny frogs or as buzzing insects in the summer night and sometimes they are invisible.
With Xillie's mentioning that Pixies do get to alter size once per day, I'm going to RP Ming in the line that she can do that infinite times per day (one of the perks of being a familiar). And her size will depend on who interacts with her or if I implicatively RP her to be in a specific size. (Size range of the size she is rendered as up to 2.5 foot)

Thanks guys for the help. :3
artemishadow

Post by artemishadow »

AFAIK, pixies in PnP are capable of using polymorph self so many times p/day, now while this in nwn means changing into another form, in terms of creativity and imagination, polymorphing oneself can mean a variety of things from proportion management to whatever so. . .

Artemis