Earth nature field

Script to change clerical domains

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
MAB

Script to change clerical domains

Post by MAB »

Hi there, I'm looking for the script which would allow to reset a cleric's domain to match those of his deity. Anyone has an idea?
Wulf

Re: Script to change clerical domains

Post by Wulf »

That would involve modifying the player file I believe. I'm not sure you can do that within the toolset commands. You'd have to run an external command to a third party software (like LETO, but capable of automated commands) to modify the character file.

At least as I understand things.
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
Beard

Post by Beard »

Ill take a look when I get back home on sunday. I believe there are commands as of 1.69 that allow you to set subraces and other fields, even characters descriptions.
Zarcoff

Post by Zarcoff »

Wulf wrote:That would involve modifying the player file I believe. I'm not sure you can do that within the toolset commands. You'd have to run an external command to a third party software (like LETO, but capable of automated commands) to modify the character file.

At least as I understand things.
This is correct. You can request LETO changes by contacting myself or Phoenix, but we have to be careful to only make minor changes as it can spork your character.
-- Zarcoff Thornewood
{DM Shar}
MAB

Post by MAB »

It's not for Nordock, at least not immediately, more a scripting project but I am not good enough at it.

In this particular case, it is to allow clerics to change the clerical domains to match those of one's deity and more to the point allow them to select custom make clerical domains.

A viable alternative would also be to modify the game so that custom domains may be picked directly at character creation. The server already allows to pick the new domains when someone multiclasses into the cleric domain.

That LETO procedure would be interesting to know too, if it is simpler to have an admin handle the changes
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

MAB, Leto is a NWN program (hak?) that allows character changes by admins. Or by a player in the single-player version, if I understand it correctly. It, and many others, are available at NWVault.
ShadowDancer

Post by ShadowDancer »

Ok look here's a link to it in this post somewhere ;D

As far as I know, there is not any scripting that can be done to allow custom domains on character creation without first going in game and talking to a LETO editing NPC, but you -can- have custom domains and have deity specific domains, one issue with NWNs domains is there just aren't enough of them to limit chars to having to use both domains of a deity, if you're prepared for the scripting job of it all, you would need to about double the number of base domains offered or more:
Bioware Domains:

Air
Special Ability: As default
Spells: 1 - Expeditious Retreat, 3 - Call Lightning, 5 - Gust of Wind, 6 - Chain Lightning

Animal
Special Ability: Uses Druid summons instead
Spells: As default

Death
Spells: 3 - Negative Energy Burst, 4 - Phantasmal Killer, 5 - Enervation

Destruction
Spells: 3 - Stinking Cloud, 6 - Acid Fog, 8 - Implosion

Earth
Spells: 4 - Stoneskin, 5 - Energy Buffer, 6 - Greater Stoneskin, 7 - Stone to Flesh, 8 - Flesh to Stone

Evil
Spells: 1 - Negative Energy Ray, 3 - Negative Energy Burst, 5 - Enervation, 8 - Energy Drain

Fire
Spells: 3 - Fireball, 4 - Wall of Fire, 5 - Energy Buffer, 6 - Elemental Shield, 8 - Delayed Blast Fireball

Good
Spells: 4 - Stoneskin, 5 - Lesser Planar Binding, 6 - Planar Binding, 8 - Greater Planar Binding

Healing
Spells: 2 - Cure Serious Wounds, 5 - Heal, 6 - Mass Heal

Knowledge
Spells: 1 - Identify, 2 - Knock, 3 - Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, 4 - True Seeing, 6 - Legend Lore, 8 - Premonition

Magic
Spells: 1 - Mage Armor, 2- Melf's Acid Arrow, 3 - Negative Energy Burst, 4 - Stoneskin, 5 - Ice Storm, 6 - Lesser Spell Mantle

Plant

Protection
Spells: 1 - Shield, 4 - Minor Globe of Invulnerability, 5 - Energy Buffer, 7 - Protection from Spells

Strength

Sun
Spells: 2 - Searing Light, 7 - Sunbeam, 8 - Sunburst

Travel

Trickery

War

Water
Spells: 1 - Grease, 3 - Poison, 5 - Ice Storm, 6 - Drown

Server-Specific Domains:

Balance
Special Ability: Divine wisdom - The cleric gains a bonus to wisdom equal to 2 + 1 per 3 cleric levels. The effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 2 - Clarity, 4 - Dismissal, 5 - Greater Sanctuary, 8 - Protection from Spells

Cavern
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Darkvision
Spells: 2 - Darkness, 6 - Stonehold, 7 - Earthquake

Chaos
Special Ability: Turn Outsiders
Spells: 2 - Magic Circle against Alignment, 4 - Confusion, 6 - Word of Faith

Charm
Special Ability: Bewitching Glibness - The cleric gains a bonus to Persuade and Bluff equal to 1 + 1 per 5 cleric levels. The effect lasts for 5 turns + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 2 - Aura of Glory, 8 - Mass Charm, 9 - Dominate Monster

Cold
Special Ability: Turn Elementals
Spells: 1 - Ice Dagger, 4 - Ice Storm, 6 - Cone of Cold

Community
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Skill Focus: Persuade
Spells: 1 - Aid, 2 - Prayer, 7 - Mass Heal, 8 - Protection from Spells

Courage
Special Ability: Valor of Lions - The cleric gains immunity to fear. The effect lasts for 5 turns + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 2 - Prayer, 3 - Divine Power

Craft
Special Ability: Artisan's Mastery - The cleric gains a bonus to Craft Armor and Craft Weapon equal to 1 + 1 per 5 cleric levels. The effect lasts for 5 turns + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 1 - Fox's Cunning, 7 - Crumble, 9 - Blackstaff

Darkness
Special Ability: Shrouds of Shade - The cleric may cast a version of Darkness that lasts equal to 5 turns + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 1 - Darkness, 8 - Mass Blindness/Deafness

Dragon
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Skill Focus: Intimidate
Spells: 3 - True Seeing, 6 - Stoneskin, 9 - Shapechange

Dream
Special Ability: Braver of Nightmares - The cleric gains immunity to fear. The effect lasts for 5 turns + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 1 - Sleep, 4 - Phantasmal Killer, 8 - Power Word: Stun, 9 - Weird

Drow
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Resist Poison
Spells: 2 - Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, 6 - Greater Dispel, 8 - Greater Planar Binding

Dwarf
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Bullheaded
Spells: 1 - Ironguts, 4 - Stoneskin, 6 - Stonehold

Elf
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Alertness
Spells: 2 - Cat's Grace, 3 - Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, 4 - One with the Land

Fate
Special Ability: Fickle Strands of Fate - The cleric randomly gains from +3 AB/Divine Damage to -2 AB/Divine Damage. No matter if bonus or penalty, the effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 7 - Premonition, 8 - Mindblank

Gnome
Special Ability: All Invisiblity-like spells are cast as Extended
Spells: 1 - Fox's Cunning, 2 - Invisibility, 3 - Camouflage, 4 - Invisiblity Sphere

Halfling
Special Ability: Trickery Domain power
Spells: 1 - Camouflage, 2 - One with the Land, 3 - Mass Camouflage

Hatred
Special Ability: Seething Assault - The cleric gains a divine bonus to damage equal to 2 + 1 per 5 cleric levels. The effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 4 - Fear, 9 - Wail of the Banshee

Illusion
Special Ability: All Invisibility-like spells are cast as Extended
Spells: 2 - Invisibility, 3 - Invisiblity Sphere, 4 - Displacement, 9 - Weird

Law
Special Ability: Turn Outsiders
Spells: 2 - Magic Circle against Alignment, 5 - Hold Monster, 6 - Word of Faith

Luck
Special Ability: Fortune's Wheel - The cleric randomly gains from +3 AB/Divine Damage to -2 AB/Divine Damage. No matter if bonus or penalty, the effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 1 - Aid, 3 - Freedom of Movement, 6 - Lesser Spell Mantle

Moon
Special Ability: Turn Shapechangers
Spells: 1 - Ultravision, 2 - Darkfire, 4 - Fear

Nobility
Special Ability: Noble's March - The cleric is able to inspire allies (but not themselves), giving them a morale bonus of 1 + 1 per 10 cleric levels to attack rolls, ability scores, saving throws and skill checks. The effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 2 - Magic Vestment, 8 - Storm of Vengeance

Orc
Special Ability: Strength Domain power
Spells: 2 - Blood Frenzy, 3 - Divine Power

Portal
Special Ability: Master of Boundaries - +2 CL for determining Gate power
Spells: 5 - Banishment, 8 - Gate

Renewal
Special Ability: Rapid Regrowth - The cleric gains a bonus to regeneration equal to 2 + 1 per 5 cleric levels. The effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 1 - Lesser Restoration, 3 - Restoration, 6 - Greater Restoration

Repose
Special Ability: Death Domain powers (always Outsider)
Spells: 4 - Bless Weapon, 5 - Undeath to Death

Retribution
Special Ability: Swift Vengeance - The cleric gains a damage shield that inflicts divine damage equal to 1d10 + 1 per 3 cleric levels. The effect lasts for 5 rounds + the cleric's charisma modifier.
Spells: 2 - Death Armor, 5 - Banishment, 6 - Lesser Spell Mantle

Rune
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Scribe Scroll
Spells: 2 - Glyph of Warding, 5 - Lesser Planar Binding, 6 - Legend Lore

Scalykind
Special Ability: Turn Reptilians
Spells: 1 - Ironguts, 4 - Poison, 7 - Creeping Doom

Slime
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Resist Energy: Acid
Spells: 1 - Grease, 2 - Melf's Acid Arrow, 5 - Evard's Black Tentacles, 8 - Power Word: Stun

Spell
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Skill Focus: Spellcraft
Spells: 1 - Mage Armor, 2 - Magic Missile, 4 - Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm, 6 - Lesser Spell Mantle

Suffering
Special Ability: All Inflict spells are cast as if automatically Empowered
Spells: 2 - Inflict Serious Wounds, 5 - Harm, 8 - Horrid Wilting

Time
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Improved Initiative
Spells: 5 - Haste, 7 - Legend Lore

Trade
Special Ability: Bonus Feat - Skill Focus: Appraise
Spells: 1 - Fox's Cunning, 2 - Identify, 8 - Mind Blank

Tyranny
Special Ability: All Domination-like spells are cast as Extended
Spells: 4 - Fear, 5 - Dominate Person, 8 - Power Word: Stun

Undeath
Special Ability: Sun Domain power
Spells: 2 - Animate Dead, 5 - Create Undead, 7 - Control Undead
// I won't list the server name in this as I consider it poor form to advertise or mention other servers by name on one server's forums. PnP games played through NWN hosting, like Valikar's or other such games are one thing.
Plans? What plans?? I'm making this up as I go!!
V For Vendetta
Beard

Post by Beard »

So you can do this one of two ways via scripts, you can use add item property on a players pc skin, or if youre running nwnx with aps loaded in the module or without, and add a plugin for it called leto, (not the 3rd party program) which you can script in changes directly to the character file. I would not recommend this option unless youre confident you can avoid any problems that may interfere with a custom or server default option for "enforce legal characters". Obviously the second option is best if you want permanent results, but the first wont cause any problems.
ShadowDancer

Post by ShadowDancer »

dunderhead me forgot to leave the link to the other forum with a link to get LETO: http://forums.landofnordock.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34
Plans? What plans?? I'm making this up as I go!!
V For Vendetta