Earth nature field

No Database connectivity

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Xillie

No Database connectivity

Post by Xillie »

Hello, I noticed today the server has no database connectivity (cannot geain skillpoints, BBboard isnt working).

I know configuring the server as a "sql client" to a database server can be a tricky business.

If any help is needed in that (or perhaps setting up a DB from scratch) or ingame testing I gladly offer that help.

greets,

Xillie

ps You can also PM me
Lliira
DM

Re: No Database connectivity

Post by Lliira »

Characters probably cannot train, either, then. :(

This happens (server gets bugged) when players log two accounts on the same port. We have a few newer players who live in the same house. Husband and wife, some brothers, father and children. Instructions and explanation here: http://landofnordock.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=212

I could be wrong about the reason, but I do know that a reset fixes it. I will PM Raradra on Facebook.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

This is a different problem. All of my characters' skill points are missing, so something else happened. I've just PM'd Raradra.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

WHOA!

You reset the server, there is database connectivity again and it turns out it's still the old database tables cause I have my pre-februari skillpoints back again :))
I now have to edit my other post.

So I wonder how yours could be lost?? Are you sure yours are lost AFTER reset (eg, database is up, bulletin is working).

It would be pretty weird if the server lost database connectivity because two people log in with the same IP.

Maybe the firewall detects this as a "violation" and somehow it universally resets all TCP connections?

Anyway, I offer functionality testing besides my thoughts if needed.
Also just an advice from someone who has dealt with Murphy of Fate alot, please try export the database to an SQL file (regularly).
My experience is that in trying to "fix" database issues, it is very easy to "reset" or "reload" or "recreate" databases and tables,......in other words deleting the current database (and everyones skill advances and quest data).
Most SQL clients have an easy "export DB to sql file" option.

greets and thanks alot, gonna check if all my skills are back and working again.

Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

I just upgraded some of the hardware a few days ago, including the drives, so somehow that may have changed stuff so it's working again once I reset. I didn't make any other changes so really not sure.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor