Earth nature field

Bishop Body Balming seemingly not working

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
FooLing

Bishop Body Balming seemingly not working

Post by FooLing »

I have a balming cleric so I haven't really paid attention to when this started (or if it was always like this since the mod came on line again - though I vaguely recall it working "properly" initially once I built up a bit of coin), but I've noticed for at least a half-dozen different attempts over at least what seems like two or three months now, that when you use a pc corpse's body on a bishop he does nothing (I vaguely recall trying this at the temples in Benzor, Brosna, and Faukault).

Back in the day, it used to be that when you did this, it would be equivalent to a cleric casting/using a balm of true resurrection on a corpse. The xp cost would be the same, and the gold would be automatically deducted, all without any dialog interaction (both the gold and the xp cost a lesser amount than for the dialog interaction of raising a soul out of fugue through the bishop - though the Revenge server is the exact opposite, but this isn't about Revenge).

There is absolutely no reaction from the bishop (or the corpse).

Has anyone else noticed this?
Wulf

Re: Bishop Body Balming seemingly not working

Post by Wulf »

It wasn't like that a few months ago. The body bishop res worked fine when my PC finally died in Decemberish.
Logins: jacknine, der_gespenst
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Can anyone confirm this for me since reset?
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

He definitely is not working. Tom tried twice with my fighter. Bishop did not take the gold, nor did he rez. This is for a body rez, where you "use" the body on the Bishop.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Trying to find a fix, if we can't fix him we'll figure out another method for you guys. I know this is important and didn't want you to think we weren't working on it.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor