Earth nature field

Exploits and cheating - Blackavar

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock
Lliira
DM

Exploits and cheating - Blackavar

Post by Lliira »

First of all, an excerpt from your in-game journal. This should be pretty obvious to all of you, but we have a few players who have chosen to ignore the rules:

Section 7. EXPLOITS

A. There are ways to bypass an areas PvP setting. Doing so is a bannable offense. This
also goes for using Invisibility or Greater Sanctuary (not a stealth ability) to bypass
monsters to get to the chests. (This includes end rewards.)

B. Any player caught exploiting any "bugs" in the game or in the server scripts will be banned. This includes broken spells.

C. If you find a "bug", "exploit", or player using any of the above please report them to a DM so they may be dealt with for the betterment of the entire server. Post all bugs in the appropriate forum.

Section 8. Experience Farming

Experience Farming for lower level players is an Exploit. Example: A level 20 player
wiping out every single Monster in a crypt while a level 1 player stands in a corner and
absorbs experience while not contributing anything at all to the battle. This is a
situation where the level 1 player has no risk and no involvement in getting experience
and / or items. Game content was not intended to be bypassed in order to level or gain
items.
Please note that there is an Experience clamp in place to prevent this situation
from awarding any experience to the lower level character. However, the guideline is
still in place as lower level players should still participate in the action and not
stand back to watch.

(And while we are on this subject, having your higher level alt spawn bigger monsters for your lower level alt is also an exploit.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Lliira
DM

Re: Exploits and cheating - Blackavar

Post by Lliira »

If your account is listed here, more than one time during a reset without DM help, you are guilty of using an exploit, and will be dealt with: https://www.nordock.quest/status/ranks/blackavar
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Do what you must do to punish cheating.
Uhm, often though, exploits can live a life of infecting players on its own.
I mean, sometimes "new" or "naive" players can be offered an exploited gains by "more hardcore cheaters", where the hardcore cheater knows better how illegal his/her offer is than the recepient.
Just offering possible perspective of distinguishing levels of guilt. 8-)
The decisions are of course up to you.

cheers
Xillie
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

While I realize most people don't read the journal entries or the entry menu, they still agree to abide by our rules as soon as they leave the gateway and enter the world. Because of that, I'd say guilt is guilt when it comes to exploits. Most cheating can be curbed with common sense. Any gray areas would be case by case though.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Having your alternate character waiting downstairs or in the stairwell (offline), while your stronger character fights Blackavar, is a blatant cheat. Running through the empty tower, because your other character killed all of the monsters and you know it, is another. New or old, the player is guilty.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Are there any rules in general concerning being online as one person on two different PCs/Usernames?
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

If a player runs two different PCs, and two different CDs, there is no rule about it, unless they continually crash the database. (Players on the same Network issue.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

In effect, anything which allows you to gain the rewards, without actually being involved in the fights, or in the room and online during the fights, is cheating. The rewards are being removed from those characters who gained them after the actual fights and transportal to the end of the quest. (We are not talking about someone who had to go AFK, and caught up with the group a few minutes later.)

Speak up now, if there was a DM involved in your gaining rewards on multiple characters within a reset.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I have given this a week. The rewards are now being removed from those who have used exploits and cheated.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Creed

Post by Creed »

In effect, anything which allows you to gain the rewards, without actually being involved in the fights, or in the room and online during the fights, is cheating.
Hmm...So, it's not cheating if I log in one char to clean some monsters, then log in another to clean other monsters, and each of my char cost a healing potion of Blackavar or at least cost some of Blackavar's HP? In this case, all my chars are parts of the quest, and I just can't log in them all at the same time.
And in my case, all of my chars got their wings at lvl of 40, two of my chars made the quest items to open the gates, one of them cleaned most of the monsters on the way...All of my chars have the ability to kill Blackavar themselves and they did clean the monsters or provide the items needed to do the quest,So with your definition, they are cheating or not?

If you think it's not acceptable, I will accept your decision. I know it's difficult to find out who did log in lots chars to do each part of the quest. I accept that if your definiton of cheating is more then one char of each player are getting wings in one reset.
Actually I already collected lots group of quest items, and I can do the quest in anytime.I just need to wait lots of reset to do the quest( or should I ask two or more reset in one day just for me to do the quest?)