Earth nature field

Exploits and cheating - Blackavar

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock
Xillie

Re: Exploits and cheating - Blackavar

Post by Xillie »

Then let me give you a heads up on this measure which should have been clear to everyone at the start of this thread; the Blackavar quest accomplishments are "logged" to a character through the plaertoken "bullets".

This means that you will not be able to do the quest again; Galdor will react like you have finished the quest.
As it stands, I'm afraid this is the hard nugget of the punishment you got.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Perhaps you should start polishing Galdor's 1000 golden scales, wedge in a few ideal cut emmies n diamies here n there.... 8-)
That can charm a dragon to your side....

Cheers.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Per the in-game rules, anyone caught using any exploit is to be banned. We have chosen to remove the rewards, instead.

A player is allowed to solo the quest. Or a player is allowed to be in a party with other players to do the quest.

A player cannot possibly be in a party with their own alts (on one account), for the quest. Yes, a player can have two different accounts logged on, on different computers. That is not what this is about. This is about those characters which gained the reward AFTER the quest was finished. The quest completes when the party arrives at Galdor's Peak. Anyone who gains the rewards after the quest has completed, have used an exploit.

Keep in mind that this is a Roleplay server. While we do not enforce Roleplay, we will take action against those who try to bypass any systems.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Also - sharing exploits with other players will get you banned. The rules are very clear on the subject of exploits: They are to be posted here under Bug Reports, or with a private message sent to a DM. They are not to be used. If anything needs to be tested, staff will do the testing.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Creed

Post by Creed »

Hmm...Not to bad.
I did almost all the epic quests before I did Blackavar's quest and that's why my chars were all lvl 40 when they got wings. I lvled to 40 without wings thus I don't rely on them, and without wings won't bother me. Actually I told Xillie that I thought wings are not necessary one year ago.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

We all understand the rules, I don't think anyone disagrees punishment is appropriate.
I'm still not sure if everyone is aware Creed will not be able to do the quest legally again now.
So allow me to douchyly ask if Creed would have been given some opportunity to regain the rewards.....through forced labour for instance? :twisted:

Cheers.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Anyway, *opinion alert* kudos for giving all of this deeper consideration and not grabbin' the easy hammer. :D
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Forced labor sounds rather appealing. :twisted:

We are discussing allowing a supervised and assisted re-attempt by the players involved. (Sadly, this has been going on for a while.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

You know the MOD will push back on this;)
No allowance into Misty Isle, no reward given on the "peak".
Of course DM assistance can overcome these things.
Maybe Galdor himself has an idea...

Cheers.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Bump. This is a reminder to all, that everything is logged.

Yes, it is an old game and perhaps you do not care about rules anymore, but we do. Banning is still an option, if you refuse to follow Nordock rules. :twisted:
Lliira – Joy, Festivals