Earth nature field

Trying to get back into the game

Posts regarding the servers of Nordock
GWGuen

Trying to get back into the game

Post by GWGuen »

I'm trying to get back into NWN & Nordock after being gone for over 8 years. I've got 4 different sets of key codes and I would like to be able to use all of them so that some friends and I can adventure together in Nordock on the Classic Server (to start with, anyway) but I'm having a hard time getting them all to work.

2 of the key code sets were the original ones that I got when I bought 2 copies of the original game and each expansion when they came out. 1 key code set was from when I bought NWN Diamond when it first came out (before GOG) and 1 of them is what I got when I bought the new NWN Diamond from GOG.

When I sign in with what I call key code set #1 then I can sign in to the Classic Server (which I played on back then) and see my old characters, Floyd the Pink & Errant Breeze. If I try to sign in to the Epic Server (which I don't think I ever played on back then) with that key code set #1 then I get booted immediately. If I try to use either key code set #2 or the original Diamond key code set then I get booted immediately from both the Classic or Epic Servers. If I try to use the key code set that I got from GOG then I can sign in to the Epic Server but I get booted immediately if I try to get into the Classic Server.

When I couldn't get into the Classic Server with my new GOG key code set then I tried Epic to see if it made a difference and, sure enough, I was able to sign in & create the not-so-creatively named "Test Character". I never signed into the Epic Server before so I don't know why I keep getting booted from it when I try to use any key code set other than the GOG one on that server. And I don't know why the GOG key code set keeps getting booted immediately from the Classic Server because it's new & has never been used there before. Is it because I'm trying to use the same Player Name each time with each key code set?

Thanks for the help! I'm looking forward to being back again!
GWGuen
arthur_l

Re: Trying to get back into the game

Post by arthur_l »

Each account is tied to a single set of CD keys in the server database, meaning that for each key set, you'd have to create another account. From the looks of things, you've now got your account tied to set 1 on classic, but to the GoG set on epic. You can get this changed if you ask on here
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I've added the two keys that I find for Glen G. on all three servers. (Classic, Epic and Diff). Try again. I am not seeing 4 keys, however, so am not sure what you are doing. It is best to have separate accounts for each set of keys.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
GWGuen

Post by GWGuen »

Thank you both very much for your responses & for your help with these keys! I've been using my original set of keys that work on the Classic server so I've been doing that. I've been happily distracted being in Benzor again although I've been having some stability problems & am trying to figure out what's going on.

Our grandson will be using one of our sets of keys once we create his own id & characters. I'm currently playing on the Classic server & that's where I expect to start him. He lives with us so I'll be tweaking his nwnplayer.ini file since we'll both be on the same network. I'm still talking to other friends to see who might be interested in joining us here.

Thanks!
GWGuen
arthur_l

Post by arthur_l »

Awesome, that's pretty cool having a 3rd generation Nordock player!
GWGuen

Post by GWGuen »

Okay, now I've apparently screwed things up again with my ids. I was trying to set my grandson up with a new id and our set of key codes #2. The Player Name that I tried to create for him was johncena42344 on the Classic server but I was immediately booted. Do I have to do something special to create a new Player Name that will be used in Nordock? If this is another instance where the key codes are set to some other Player Name, please reset them to this id.

I also tried to create another Player Name & assign them to yet another set of key codes that I have. That Player Name is Rex Nihil and it is also on the Classic server. Again, when I tried to use a new character that I'd just created I was immediately booted. If this is another instance where the key codes are associated with a different id then please reset them to this id.

In case it matters, when I created all of these ids, I specified my same e-mail address for these 2 new ids that I already had specified for my first id. Would that cause these problems?

And somehow in all of this I managed to screw up my Glen Guenther Player Name, too. Do these servers block someone (me) after a certain number of failed signon attempts? When I tried to switch back to my Player Name, I had several failed signon attempts, some of them because somehow I had Cap Locks turned on & some because I forgot to change my key code set back to #1. But I think I'm specifying to correct password now but I still get booted immediately when I try to run one of my characters. If the problem is that I was blocked due to failed signon attemps then what do I have to do or how long do I have to wait before I can signon again to my Player Name on the Classic server.

Thanks,
GWGuen
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I can make various accounts using my same key, so there should not be a problem for you. I am thinking that the database was messed up, so I've just reset Classic. Let me know if it helps.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
GWGuen

Post by GWGuen »

Yes, resetting the server fixed my sign-in problems. Thank you for doing that! I was able to sign-in with no problems now.

I was hoping that a server reset might fix another problem for me but it didn't. When I was adventuring to the West of Benzor I met a mysterious person who needed help & gave me an object which would help me to get another object that he needed (I'm being vague here but I hope you know what quest I'm talking about). The problem is that right after he gave me that object then was one of the times that I clicked outside the game window by mistake and the game terminated on me. If he really gave me an item then I no longer have that item in my inventory but when I go to talk to him again now (even after the server reset) he tells me that I need to use that item that he gave me to get the other one. I'm pretty sure I know where to go & what to do to get what he wants but it won't work for me. Am I really supposed to have an item in my inventory for that quest? If not then I'm apparently doing something wrong & will keep trying. But if I need to have that item is there any way to get it back? I'll be glad to provide more-specific information if requested.

Thanks for your help with restarting the server!
GWGuen
GWGuen

Post by GWGuen »

PS, sorry if most of that last post wasn't really server Related and should have gone into a different forum!

Thanks,
GWGuen
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Have you already tried talking to the 'merchant', with one of the other required items in inventory? (This is in case the other item is 'invisible' or something. I cannot remember exactly what it looks like, before creating the new item.)
Lliira – Joy, Festivals