Earth nature field

Next group of arrows selected

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
KYPHEN

Next group of arrows selected

Post by KYPHEN »

Hi,

I am playing an AA and was wondering about the selection of the next 99 group (quiver?) of arrows by the game.

I, as all good archers know that some arrows make better sense used against one bad guy and another against another. For instance I would be wasting my fire arrows when fighting Fire Giants and of course the opposite goes for ice arrows when up against frost giants.

In the heat of battle...yes the fog of war, how is an archer to coax the ai to to select one group of arrows over another from ones inventory...or a bag in the inventory.

I hope I am clear on my question and thank you for your answer...I will take my answer off the air.

Stephen.
raradra
DM

Re: Next group of arrows selected

Post by raradra »

I'd love to know that too having wasted many a good arrow that way. Richard?
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

I believe it shoots them in the order that they were placed into your inventory.
KYPHEN

Post by KYPHEN »

Tested and no...

I tried that and at first it seemed to work. I put 1 single arrow starting at bottom left of first page with 10 more singles in a row after it. It still selected arrows from other pages it seems at random (maybe most powerful first, as I used non-magic arrows for test and had bundles of fire and ice arrows at other locations. Although if I put all other arrows in bags it worked that way a bit better but not consistently. I will continue my tests and report back with findings but I welcome any definitive info re this as I would love to know for sure.

Thanks,

Stephen.
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

No way to fix this. Even in NWN 2 they tried and it somehow was just "if one quiver is this, the next one will be the next of the same type". I'll look around if you guys want, but it's one of those things that are built in the game, rather than something that can be changed through scripting. What I can promise is that you'll know what kind of gear is better for certain areas. If you're getting into an area where some type of thing is better, hints will be given. Then get ready for a challenge, but don't expect me to drop a piano on your heads, don't expect to find that you need to switch from fire to ice. Unless I'm DMing, there you can expect all kinds of insanity
Richard_Uther
DM

Post by Richard_Uther »

Oh, and Kyphen. Arcane Archers get some new stuff, I can't give details though
KYPHEN

Post by KYPHEN »

:)) Thanks all of you for your kind input. I will have to continue as I have and just have a great time playing NWN as it is....what a great game!
Nsfivecoate

Post by Nsfivecoate »

Actually I think that for the automatic arrow equipping that it's done the same way that food is consumed:in the order of what you have possessed the longest, regardless of what it is.