Earth nature field

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

General Discussion about anything even loosely related to Nordock
raradra
DM

Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Post by raradra »

Lliira wrote:The fact that with the Digital Deluxe edition you get the later modules (Pirates of the Sword Coast, Infinite Dungeons, etc.), might entice me to purchase. I really do not see a reason to get the basic ($19.99) version. I have Diamond, the graphics may be "primitive", but it works (mostly) fine.
I read that all expansion content is included in this 'enhancement'.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
olddog

Post by olddog »

It doesn't give much for players directly, but they're expanding whats possible for modders and builders. It's only a good thing and has a lot of CC support.
Crazyfists

Post by Crazyfists »

Hi guys, I used to play on here years and years ago (had to create a new account as couldn't remember my old one) I just bought the new NWN: EE, over the years lost my original NWN so when I saw it was getting an overhaul and re-released on steam it was a no brainier for me to buy it again. My hopes that once it is released being on steam it will bring a lot of new and old players back to the game. I would very much like to play on Nordock again when this happens (or sooner with the beta version) so I really do hope this is made to be possible. I downloaded Classic Nordock mod (I assume this is just 1-20) it loads up and seemed to be working fine (I only got as far as the start area/benzor a few shops talked to a few npcs). So, I am wondering is it going to be possible to get this working on the current servers or what about the possibility of a new server just for NWN: EE if that's another option? Also does anyone know what is the latest available nordock mod for download and how close is it to what is running here? Cheers
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I do not see each of us spending the extra $20, for what we already have. I can't answer whether we would have a clone version of Nordock up, we are currently running three versions and a strip server. I guess it would depend on our players.

Someone else will have to answer you about which public release version is best. None are exactly like RR Nordock, due to protected content.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Bump. There are no current plans to switch to EE. The public release version is 1.69, and resides at neverwintervault dot org, I can only find a 2008 version. There are several Nordock (Public Release) PWs which are already updated to EE.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Oh, hey! They are having a sale, and I see that they now sell the extra modules separately. (Pirates, Wyvern Crown, etc.) I am still avoiding Steam, however. https://www.fanatical.com/en/publishers/beamdog
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

One final note on this - 1.69 is no longer available on either Steam or GoG. It's a shame, because this old game is still awesome, the way it is. As far as I know, the only way to get the original version of NWN, is to buy the CDs on either Amazon or eBay.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Beamdog now owns the rights, so it's not illogical they are erasing everything of classic Neverwinter Nights.
This was to be expected for anyone who has followed how Beamdog went as far as they could to make their "enhanced" edition incompatible with anything 1.69 as soon as they could.

It's not advisable to buy copies on Amazon or Ebay, as you probably will not get a unique CD key that is still needed to secure one's account on RR servers.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I was able to purchase a new (in box) copy of Neverwinter Nights Diamond for PC in October 2017 from eBay. I am sure those are far and few between, now. I see many used copies, therefore it is possible to run into the "CD Key is in use" issue, although not very likely.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
DreamWeaver

Post by DreamWeaver »

Here's (https://www.beamdog.com/files/release_n ... _final.pdf) an updated link from their Trello board (https://trello.com/b/K0C0i8wF/neverwint ... ed-edition). Also, I've not tried it personally, but my understanding is that EE can play old (i.e. v1.69) mods/PWs, but in order to take advantage of the new features (graphics, scripting, etc.) you'd have to build a new mod/PW from scratch.