Earth nature field

Water elemental and drown in Revenge?

General discussion for the Revenge server.
modesty

Water elemental and drown in Revenge?

Post by modesty »

I avoid these in Revenge, save or die with DC 20 is a killer, but I do not know if Revenge has changed the water elementals drown attack as it ihas in the rest of the servers. And I really don't want to check it out.

Has some one else any kind of information about this?

When I summon a water elemental, has all summoned elementals in Nordock drown attack too? From the top of my head, only the larger one had it, but I'm not sure and I don't want to check it out in Revenge.

(Drown: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Drown_(monster_ability))

//Maria
Senectus
DM

Re: Water elemental and drown in Revenge?

Post by Senectus »

I went ahead and examined the water elementals of various sizes available in the creator, both the standard versions and the custom ones, on Revenge for you.

All of them, on Revenge, have the drown pulse attack.

However, I think the smaller ones are less likely to use it because they have less than 100 hps to start with. Once you get to Huge, they have over 100 hps and perhaps something about the scripting causes them to go to the drown attack first, though this is only a guess. I didn't try and look at scripts to understand what the trigger is exactly.

According to the nwnwiki, for elemental shape (for a player character, or possibly an NPC with the feat though I'm not aware of any NPCs specifically with it off the top of my head), only the huge and elder forms have it, but I didn't confirm this in practice.

If you are worried about the effect from your own summoned elemental, best to stand clear of the drown radius.
modesty

Re: Water elemental and drown in Revenge?

Post by modesty »

Thanks Senectus, that's what I was afraid of. Revenge is a bad server to die in, with a tiny player base and no guardian in Fugue. The pulse attack has been changed to the same effect as "Harm" spell has in the other servers, I think. But here ... in both Brosna and Tobaro sewers there are bunches of water elementals, making them a no no to enter for a single player.

Same problem with bodaks at level 10-15 something. They are everywhere and even though the DC is low, they seem to have an infinite amount of gaze attacks with insta-death on a "1", and belts of guiding light seem to have been taken out of the loot lists.

Ah well. There are other places, but sadly not too many.

//Maria