Earth nature field

The Order of the Falcon

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
ShadowDancer

The Order of the Falcon

Post by ShadowDancer »

I call and challenge all those of good heart, be you Paladin or Priest, to join together to fight the evils of this land. To show the people compassion and guide them in the light. Far too frequently have I seen, as I traveled the lands of Faerun, before I arrived here, the very ones sworn to protect and show these things to the average person, fail miserably. Instead inciting hatred and bringing malice on their heads... This is not the way we shall behave in the Order of the Falcon.

You may wonder where the name has come from, it is a tribute to my father's estate in Northern Cormyr, though I do not expect most of you to be familiar with that place. I arrived in Nordock when my ship hit an unnatural squall in the Sea of Falling Stars. I was born a Lady in Cormyr, though of heavy elven blood, which most in Northern Cormyr have quite a bit. My father was a Knight of the Crown and a Baron in his own right. The estate that I am having built here is called Falcon's Aerie, a bit similar to my father's called Falcon's Height. The estate will have a place of training and residence for all those that choose to join me as Knights of the Order of the Falcon.

I can be contacted at Benzor Apartments while my estate is under construction.

~Lady Aislynn Bourne
Lady of Falcon's Aerie
Plans? What plans?? I'm making this up as I go!!
V For Vendetta
ShadowDancer

Re: The Order of the Falcon

Post by ShadowDancer »

All must swear to uphold the Code of Chivalry and Honor and follow this Code and Precepts listed below:

The Code:
Be the champion of the weak and the defenseless.
Be stern, unyielding and unswerving in your battles with evil.
Obey your masters with alert judgment and anticipation.
Serve the common good and the rule law established by honorable rulers.
Seek prowess and skill in all endeavors.
Stand ever alert against corruption.
Every failure of duty diminishes <Your Deity> and every success adds to his luster.
Be ever mindful of the code, and use them in your actions to swiftly enact justice.

Precepts of the Code:
Be the champion of the weak and the defenseless. Your duty is to those who lack the power you wield. Care for the sick and aid the distressed. Be an example to the young. Protect your friends. Be generous in so far as your resources allow. There are two things that will blemish the faithful, and these are riches and pride. If one but remains in strained circumstances, he will not be marred.

Be stern, unyielding and unswerving in your battles with evil. Make war upon evil and injustice without cessation. Do not recoil before the enemy, but let your wrath undo the wicked. Seek not only courage, but also wisdom to see that stupidity and courage are cousins. Courage also means taking the side of truth in all matters, rather than seeking the expedient lie.

Obey your masters with alert judgment and anticipation. Trust in your master, for his duty to you is given by <Your Deity>, serve him as though your own bodies were already dead, and you will be one man in a thousand. There are many places where compromise is expected; loyalty is not amongst them. If your path is without mortal master, let <Your Deity> and this code guide your steps.

Serve the common good and the rule law established by honorable rulers. Your fourfold duties are to faith, family, masters, and all good being of Nordock. Strive to maintain law and order. Question unjust laws by suggesting improvement or alternatives, not additional laws.

Seek prowess and skill in all endeavors. Throughout your life, advance daily, becoming more skillful than yesterday, more skillful than today so that your strength may be used in the service of the Triad, rather than in personal aggrandizement. This is never ending.

Stand ever alert against corruption. Strike quickly and forcefully against the rot in the hearts of mortals. Avoid all excesses and seek to defeat hubris, gullibility and ignorance within yourself. Purpose and discipline clear the mind. Your breath should only bring truth, always be faithful to your word. Bring painful, quick death to traitors.

Every failure of duty diminishes <Your Deity> and every success adds to his luster. Stand firm in your beliefs, for this faith roots you and gives hope against despair. In the midst of a single breath, where only goodness is held, is the way of <Your Deity> . But there is no one who can understand this clarity at first. Purity is something that cannot be attained except by piling effort upon effort.

Be ever mindful of the code, and use them in your actions to swiftly enact justice. Hold to the virtues and duties of the code, realizing that though the ideals cannot be reached, the quality of striving towards them ennobles the spirit. In confronting difficult matters, if at first you leave it alone, fix the code in your heart, exclude self-interest, and make an effort, you will not go far from your mark.
V For Vendetta
ShadowDancer

Re: The Order of the Falcon

Post by ShadowDancer »

Those joining the Order of the Falcon will be granted the following:

~Equipment fitting your rank and station.
~Training
~Shelter for you and your mount when you have acquired one, if you don't one can be provided.
~Food.

~Lady Aislynn Bourne
Lady of Falcon's Aerie
V For Vendetta