Earth nature field

Nordock Master Crafters Guild (10)

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
Otherworldly

Re: Henroids Henchment (5)

Post by Otherworldly »

Yeah, it's lookin like we may have more luck just knowing when the best times are for everyone and just having some impromptu adventures when we all happen to be around-as that seems to have happened enough already that we could've got some things done. What do you all think? We could try and work on more specific times for some of the bigger quests.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

[From Tom, a ways back]About the questing rules, i may have some further point to discuss on, as i think for the following quest types may be made an exception as well:

1 individual quests where the rest of the group cannot participate, nor gains any benefit. example: benzor rogue quests

2 individual quests where the group can participate but does not gain any benefits, wich cannot be repeated (without server reset)due to lack of respawning quest items. example: shaman head quest

3 individual quests where the group can participate but does not gain any benefits, though are not dependant on server reset. example: palladin quest

My preference would be to make exceptions for all type 1 quests (bard perfoming, benzor rogue etc), and also type 2. We might consider to allow an exception for type 3, though i still prefer to do those types together, even though the rest of the group does not benefit. (mainly mentioning type 3 to see what the opinion of others is on that).
To my thinking, seems like individual quests could be done individually, whether or not another group member was around.

Seems like if you have three or four on together, that's a reasonable sized number and could do a group quest. The folks that weren't available could be helped at a later time as BG also mentioned.

The quests are fun as something possible to do when together, but so far a lot of the effort when on has been crafting focused, so we've had no lack of something to do.

I would suggest we work the blackavar quest from start to finish as a group. That one we can try and schedule days to work it, and as even the starting bits really require a bit of experience to survive, it doesn't need to be the initial focus for the group.
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Name for our little group...discuss?

We are a ragtag bunch, but are united mostly by crafting.

Tested Technicians?

Madcap Mercenary Miners & Manufacturers? (4M for short :P )

Jocular Journeymen?

Journeypersons Anonymous, or J.A. for short?

Fellowship of Artisans

Here is one stolen from Forgotten Realms: Most Careful Order of Skilled Smiths & Metalforgers
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

The Freemasons
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Tomseltje

Post by Tomseltje »

berylgreen wrote:Name for our little group...discuss?

We are a ragtag bunch, but are united mostly by crafting.

Tested Technicians?

Madcap Mercenary Miners & Manufacturers? (4M for short :P )

Jocular Journeymen?

Journeypersons Anonymous, or J.A. for short?

Fellowship of Artisans

Here is one stolen from Forgotten Realms: Most Careful Order of Skilled Smiths & Metalforgers
Lol, that's why i suggested Henroid's Handymen in the first place.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

Did the Nordock Crafting Guild have a special name?
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Mastercrafters of Nordock, I think? I could be wrong.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I think you're right Lliira. They had the forums I referenced most because of all the collected crafting knowledge to be found there.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

LOL, been wondering why things had been so quiet-turns out I just haven't been logged in xD

You guys wanna meet tomorrow?
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

We should set a specific day, 'informal' is not working. Previous successful groups that lasted longer than a few months set one day per week, all day. If several were on at once, they would adventure or RP or whatever, but all players knew the day, and that there was a better than average chance of running into others of the group.

Listing three "possible" days is no good, players need more direction than this. Pick a day, and let's try it.

To me Saturday sounds like the most feasible, currently.

By the way, after looking at it for a week, I beg you to fix the spelling in the title of this thread.