Earth nature field

Nordock Master Crafters Guild (10)

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
Tomseltje

Re: The Benzor Brigade (I'm no good at this really) (4)

Post by Tomseltje »

Sorry for late response,

Being the only one that is at gmt time, i dont mind you guys starting at around midnight for me, if i get too tired i dont mind you guys continuing, unless its with a main quest i where cannot catch up on myself afterward. as said im 9 hours ahead of foo, preferably i start meetings between 21.00 and 23.00 my time, except on saturdays on wich i rather dont start before 22.00, and sundays on wich i usually have the entire day to play.

About the questing rules, i may have some further point to discuss on, as i think for the following quest types may be made an exception as well:

1 individual quests where the rest of the group cannot participate, nor gains any benefit. example: benzor rogue quests

2 individual quests where the group can participate but does not gain any benefits, wich cannot be repeated (without server reset)due to lack of respawning quest items. example: shaman head quest

3 individual quests where the group can participate but does not gain any benefits, though are not dependant on server reset. example: palladin quest

My preference would be to make exceptions for all type 1 quests (bard perfoming, benzor rogue etc), and also type 2. We might consider to allow an exception for type 3, though i still prefer to do those types together, even though the rest of the group does not benefit. (mainly mentioning type 3 to see what the opinion of others is on that).

@Lliira
Love the gloves, only wished they were craftable.. like mabbe give tailored black gloves those stats...so all strong adventurers get the oppertunity to court their love with flowers :)
Tomseltje

Re: The Motley Crew (for lack of a current real team name) (

Post by Tomseltje »

Otherworldly wrote:I think you bring up an interesting point.

Not sure if that had ever been talked about, it very well could have been something I mentioned at one point that was forgotten while trying to put together everything. Personally, I'd only ever intended on armor crafting, but after finding I couldn't due to my class moved on to tanning. Having another person in the group working on the same thing now (and doing much better at it than I I'll add xD) made me feel a bit redundant. Being able to now work with martial weapons opens up once again the possibility for me to work on armor specifically, tanning the hides and getting ore from some of you guys.

Does anyone else like the idea of having a specific trade? I for one am not opposed to it.

If everyone of us could play all the time i wouldnt mind sticking to a single craft. But as we do the crafting mostly outside of meetings, and im about the only of the group at gmt time, when i start playing it often takes a few hours before the first of the rest of you comes online (especially on sunday, see my previous post). Of course I will be trying to pick crafts that will complement the craftings of others rather than compete with them (sorry for that otherworldly, though without martial feat the choices are somewhat restricted so i didnt have much choice), but i wasn't aware we had any rules for that. Of course im open for discussion on that (assuming its not determined already), so here is my perspective:

Spending many hours crafting while being the only one on the server i hate it to have to wait for others to come online before i can continue my craft. So planning on tinkering, knewing i will be needing loads of cured badger hides for alchemy packs i started with tanning, and since ingots were hard to come by just yet (we only had 2 just starting mining then) i decided to pick up tailoring as well to fill the time..
Now that i can mine ingots myself i started with tinkering, though i took weaponsmithing up as well as it will allow me to make my own tools when you guys are not online (having spend over 2k on tools at npc merchants already).

This having said however, does not mean i expect others in the playergroup to do the same. So Grack would gladly help our witch (or how does one call a female wizard) to get some ingots and gems for jeweling, especially if she helps her getting more badger hides.

As a group i think things work out best if each picked a 'main' craft complementing the others, so as a group we have a represent of each craft quickest. Futhermore i think we should encourage to do others on the side that aid ones own or other group members' main craft. Continuing on previous example; Beryl could start tanning to aid Gracks tinkering even more by supplying the badger hides cured in stead of raw. (as only a few points in most sidecrafts are needed to do the first step in working the raw materials, its like the blacksmiths apprentice is also the master carpenter who has the master tinker for apprentice.)
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I can't carry a lot of weight but I would be more than happy to cure badger hides for you. Small hides are the first thing you do in tanning and curing is the first step so this would be only a very small side step from my jeweling and it still easily fits with something I can see my character being able to do.
I still remember when the svirfneblin group would meet and Phrostbyly was working on tinkering, the whole mob of us would split into teams based on what he said he needed and we all gathered it for him. He never asked us to do this. We simply saw him at the tinkering table and, knowing how complex the craft was, offered to get things for him. As teams returned we just dropped off the goods near him, all ready to go, and ran back out for more. He was tinkering automatons in no time! This is, in part, why you now see those Prototype variants in Mak'a'nor. ;)
I will start gathering badger pelts for you today, Tom. :)
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
FooLing

Post by FooLing »

Sorry I hadn't posted on this before now. It has been a rather busy week in RL (overlooking my general slowness when it comes to posting in less busy times).

In regards to multi-classing:
On multi-classing
One of the ideas behind forming this group was to create a group that would be reliant on each others strengths instead of each individual being able to pommel everything. In the spirit of that, there have been some decisions made on the subject of multi-classing meant to necessitate this.
1. When choosing to multi-class in more than one BASE class, a character must already be a minimum of level 12. Prestige classes may be taken as soon as they become available. This is because multi-base classes diversify abilities while prestige classes specialize abilities already possessed.
2. A minimum of 5 levels must be taken in any class chosen, whether that class be base or prestige. For instance, a character who takes 8 levels of druid and then takes a shifter level must then take a minimum of 5 shifter levels in a row before taking any levels of anything else, even more druid.
What happens if you can start taking a prestige class as early as level 4 or 5? (rule 1 says you can take it, rule 2 implies you can't, unless it means that you must ultimately have 5 of the prior/original class by some point rather than before you start.).

I like the idea of being able to take a prestige class as soon as you are able, as long as you will ultimately have a minimum 5 levels of whatever class you plan to take (5 is a good cutoff since two prestige classes only have 5 levels, max). But that's my opinion only. It won't affect my current character either way, other than I might have to wait a level to try out something I planned to try, so whatever decision is best for the group is fine by me. Only wanted to point out what seemed like an inconsistency or something that could be misinterpreted. To be safe, I'm currently reading rule 2 to dominate over rule 1.

And yeah PK, I got more lapis than you probably want :) - went the night that bit of confusion over who's doing what came up in game (mining wizards and what not). Planned to get you some turq as well, but then RL stepped in. Anyway, if still in need of lapis, let me know and you will be set. 8-) Also got you some sapphire while in the process of doing something else (though you may not need it for a while). Might try and round you up some more of what you need in the progression this evening.

As far as overlapping trades, I think it's fine for some overlap. It makes sense that some folks might want to be able to harden large hides (armor crafters) - that doesn't mean they have to go and master the trade. Some folks might also want to be able to cut their own ideal gems (again, helpful for certain trades besides jewelry making - or you might want to have the gems ready for your handy dandy jewel maker when they are available). As far as I know, we don't have anyone working fletching or bowyering yet so someone can jump on that (might be nice to have an elf doing the bow work if any in the group but of course not necessary).

Playtimes are usually later in the evenings during the week (most evenings, availability is there) though I realize too that puts me later than most others in the group; I work during the week so it's harder to get on much earlier than I generally do, though if a particular day works well for everyone, I could try and be available earlier that particular day. Weekends are always a mystery. Sometimes I have all weekend, sometimes I have none. I'm usually available for either a Saturday or Sunday evening session in any given week.
Tomseltje

Post by Tomseltje »

@Foo
On multi-classing
One of the ideas behind forming this group was to create a group that would be reliant on each others strengths instead of each individual being able to pommel everything. In the spirit of that, there have been some decisions made on the subject of multi-classing meant to necessitate this.
1. When choosing to multi-class in more than one BASE class, a character must already be a minimum of level 12. Prestige classes may be taken as soon as they become available. This is because multi-base classes diversify abilities while prestige classes specialize abilities already possessed.
2. A minimum of 5 levels must be taken in any class chosen, whether that class be base or prestige. For instance, a character who takes 8 levels of druid and then takes a shifter level must then take a minimum of 5 shifter levels in a row before taking any levels of anything else, even more druid.
At point 2 i think "A minimum of 5 levels must be taken in any second (and third) class chosen, whether that class be base or prestige. For instance, a character who takes 8 levels of druid and then takes a shifter level must then take a minimum of 5 shifter levels in a row before taking any levels of anything else, even more druid." might have been intended.
Tomseltje

Post by Tomseltje »

How about "Henroid's Handymen" for a group name?
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

In regards to the confusion about lvls, I hadn't really considered someone being able to take a prestige that early but I suppose if you do it right then that would be possible, so what Tom said he thought I meant sounds good to me.. xD

Tom, it's cool with me if you do the rogue quest whenever you want, if any of us come along we'll just end up having to fight the people you get the quest from so it'd be best for you to go it alone if you ever wanna get that accomplished ;)
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Otherworldly

Re: Henroids Henchment (4)

Post by Otherworldly »

How do i make a poll by the way? :D
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Otherworldly

Re: Henroids Henchment (5)

Post by Otherworldly »

Note the level cap has been raised a level. We took a vote last night and had a group majority, but since not everyone else was around please include your own vote here.

Level cap will now be raised by 1 a week till the level difference between the highest level and lowest level is 4 levels. At that point we can re-evaluate the situation.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
berylgreen

Re: Henroids Henchment (5)

Post by berylgreen »

So...quests? When can we start them? We each could use another bag...

:)

If need be, whatever of the group is on can help any others who didn't get them the first time. Just a thought.