Earth nature field

Nordock Master Crafters Guild (10)

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
berylgreen

Re: The Motley Crew (for lack of a current real team name) (

Post by berylgreen »

Doh...I am not available Friday nights from 8:30 PM Eastern until 11 PM or so. I guess my best nights are Tuesdays, Thursdays, and also Sundays after 7:30 PM Eastern. Plus most of the day Saturday.
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

Moving to the Central US timezone on Thursday. I have no idea what days I'll be available, yet.
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I have a quick clarification I need to make as I realized after rechecking the main post for this group that I could be in error about an assumption I had.
I know we were choosing classes with an eye towards the team really needing to rely on each other. I extended this thought (only in my mind apparently) that this applied to our trade skill professions as well. Tonight I asked if anyone who had taken up mining had gotten to lapis lazuli and if so could they get me a supply to start on. I next received what I thought was a confusing battery of PMs about me needing some picks and special gear so my wizard could start mining. I freely admit feeling a little annoyed at this because I had understood my group contribution to be magic and jewelry and that I would get help from others on the mining portion plus non jewelry gear (clothing etc) for their part. I already have several mining characters so the thought of sitting around grinding through the mining tables just get up to lapis was more that a little off-putting.
Just a quick side bar of self disclosure, I didn't sleep for crap last night and have been congested all day so I accept that my annoyance at this is probably 100% fatigue. However it does raise the question of whether or not our trade skills were meant to be reliant on one another just like our character classes. If the answer is no, I have no desire to ruin someone else's game by constantly bugging them for metal and gemstones when the assumption is in fact that I should be getting this all myself. I could use some clarification and/or group input on this.
If I need to start mining on yet another character I really think I'd rather just use the other character or have Beryl stop with jewelry and help folks get needed animal skins and buffs for their trade skill work instead.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

I think you bring up an interesting point.

Not sure if that had ever been talked about, it very well could have been something I mentioned at one point that was forgotten while trying to put together everything. Personally, I'd only ever intended on armor crafting, but after finding I couldn't due to my class moved on to tanning. Having another person in the group working on the same thing now (and doing much better at it than I I'll add xD) made me feel a bit redundant. Being able to now work with martial weapons opens up once again the possibility for me to work on armor specifically, tanning the hides and getting ore from some of you guys.

Does anyone else like the idea of having a specific trade? I for one am not opposed to it.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Also, still waiting to hear on Tom and Foo as well as what days might work for Brain once things get settled, but so far it's looking like a Tuesday or Wednesday evening and/or Saturday sometime would perhaps work best. This is of course assuming these days work for our other half.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

Otherworldly wrote:Also, still waiting to hear on Tom and Foo as well as what days might work for Brain once things get settled, but so far it's looking like a Tuesday or Wednesday evening and/or Saturday sometime would perhaps work best. This is of course assuming these days work for our other half.
These days are good for me.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
raradra
DM

Post by raradra »

For something like this surely it would be ok for a DM to assist in crafting materials for a fee or for a service or something of that nature.
-------
Tymora
Lolth
Paragor
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

I think what Paul means is he was looking forward to the challenge of needing some things provided by others more suited to retrieving them rather than getting something that would allow him to do it himself, providing another interesting dynamic with in the group, and also making more sense for his character than an old gnome wizard going out on mining expeditions herself. That's a sentiment I can respect, I had the same trouble when I found I was unable to use martial weapons as it stuck me with tanning, something that didn't seem quite appropriate for the character I was playing.

If not everybody wants to do it that way it's fine by me, I'm gonna give Pauls idea a shot and see how I feel about it-could be fun ^^

That's not to say DM gifts aren't welcome. Taking your own time to come up with and fashion stuff like that is awfully thoughtful, and that's much appreciated.
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

From what I can tell the best days, assuming these work for Brain as well, would be Wednesday and Saturday. Foo is on Pacific time which Tom is 9 hours ahead of, so the trick with a Wednesday is coming up with a time that's both late enough for Foo to be off work and settled in at home and early enough for Tom. Unfortunately this means any time after 3 in the afternoon Foo's time would be past midnight for Tom.

Did people want to try and meet more than once a week? Saturdays seem like they may be the easiest, as we could start 1pm Pacific, 3pm Central making it 10pm for Tom.

If people are interested in meeting more we could try and figure out this Wednesday conundrum. Foo, if you were willing what would be a realistic time for you to be able to start on Wednesdays, and Tom how late would you be willing to get started on Wednesdays as well?

Again, this is still tentative since Brainley needs to get settled in before we can know whether these will also work for him. This is just what I've been able to come up with looking at peoples availability so if I missed something please let me know :)
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
berylgreen

Re: The Benzor Brigade (I'm no good at this really) (4)

Post by berylgreen »

Wednesdays are only okay occasionally, for me. I will be on for a bit now, but later, I have an event to attend.

As for crafting, I think PK makes a good point. We can't all be everything. Well, we could, but why? Tempest is working on weapons and armor. She needs hides and similar, to make armor. I do not want to take up tanning, as well as mining. Tempest has no problem mining ore, or smelting ingots, for other characters. (PK - Foo got you a batch of lapiz, I am not sure if he has seen you since.)

I know that Jasper also makes weapons and armor. This is fine. There are not very many choices for crafting, so of course there will be overlap. And with the varied timezones, overlap can be a good thing.