Earth nature field

Blackavar

Organize your Playergroups and Rosters here
Otherworldly

Blackavar

Post by Otherworldly »

So as long as I've been playing here I've still never actually finished this storyline, closest I've come was being online at a time a group was attempting to actually kill Blackavar and getting to join in (I think it was being run by Raradra?). Well we got to him, but didn't actually manage to kill the bugger. But I digress. Would anyone be interested in rolling some new characters and playing them once a week to work towards that goal? Maybe we could even get a DM on during those times if any of you have some spare time that you'd be willing to spend on it to spice things up. I realize that it'd be slow going, but honestly to me that sounds like a good thing at this point. I'd be pretty insistent that anyone wanting to join in didn't twink their characters and other than working on crafting skills or just rping didn't play that character outside of these weekly meetings, just to try and keep everyone on the same page. Obviously it'd be slow going getting to the Blackavar quest line from lvl 1 meeting once a week, so we could set it up so that we get all our characters lvled a bit before we get the group going. That, or we can start together doing kobold/orc shaman, signet ring, fire beetle elixir, toy soldier, supplies, book of t'kan and trondor. If we can get enough people willing to join and figure out what role we'll each play before hand I think we could knock all that out in the first night and end up on a good start, but maybe that sounds ambitious given the time some of you may be working with. Afterwards we could start working towards some of the other side quests to help us lead up to starting the Blackavar line. Anyway, that's assuming anyone has the time and inclination :)

Thoughts?
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Otherworldly

Re: Blackavar

Post by Otherworldly »

Seems, from server and forum traffic at times, that we have a lot of potential. I think it'd be a fun means to get us all together at the same time and give us a chance to interact ig as a whole
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Beard

Post by Beard »

I've got the items =)
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

Okay so maybe not many people are interested in that idea.. (psst, phoenix you can hit me up ig if you ever wanna put those items to use lol)

What I was more interested in than actually going for the whole blackavar quest from low level up in that manner was getting a time set up that people would be willing and able to meet once a week as a new party with some new characters. It'd be nice getting everyone together in one party to go explore, wreak havok and mayhem and, yes, even for the shenanigans that generally accompany those activities.

The no twinking and no playing characters outside the time reserved isn't that important, lets just agree to try and keep the party from becoming too skewed so that no one ends up getting left out due to level differences or not being able to keep up with everyone else.

What we all need is some nice quality time with each other and I'm gonna force it on us like a mom forcing a happy christmas photo on an unwilling family!

I hereby announce this player group proposed, and so named, The Breakfast at Tiffany's Day Off Club! Hehe, I joke. unless you guys like the name of course xD
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

Post by Paul_Kettlebones »

I'm interested, I just don't know if I can commit to a regular time. It leaves me mostly out if other things regularly crop up and I end up falling behind on levels. :P That said, it's a solid idea man and is otherwise right up my street.
Logins: Paul_Kettlebones & DM_Requietum.
Brainley

Post by Brainley »

Paul_Kettlebones wrote:I'm interested, I just don't know if I can commit to a regular time. It leaves me mostly out if other things regularly crop up and I end up falling behind on levels. :P That said, it's a solid idea man and is otherwise right up my street.
We've tried on several occasions to get a group together who meets on a weekly basis, but most of the players available time is so varied that it ends up not working too well. I know that personally, I couldn't commit to a group if I wanted.
Otherworldly

Post by Otherworldly »

We can find the 3 most common days a week and meet when we can?
Krumb
Skald Uffgood
Dante Farblake
Bergelcut
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

I'm for that. I could potentially be on any night of the week thought Mondays and Thursdays are less likely. My PnP group gets together usually happens over weekends as does my wife's roller derby bouts so other than that I'm in. I call dibs on the wizard. ;)
berylgreen

Post by berylgreen »

Seriously - you should lay down rules like no twinking, and have a level cap, to keep everyone in the same field. (Otherwise, players might go crazy in their spare time and level past the group. As long as the level cap is raised each week, this should not be too hard for others to enjoy.)

It seems hard, with varied players from many time zones, but it is workable. Post three days/times that you might be able to play, maybe as a Poll, and see what you get.

:)
Paul_Kettlebones
DM

He did. It's all in his original post. Which is by the way a huge draw for me to such a group.