Earth nature field

Racial SR vs Diamond Soul (Monk Level 12)

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
artemishadow

Racial SR vs Diamond Soul (Monk Level 12)

Post by artemishadow »

Well. . . Just found another bug.

Apparently any pre-existing SR you have (be it conferred by race or item) is replaced by the monks Diamond Soul ability. This is well, needless to say, pretty crappy, seeing as my now level 40 Svirfneblin just lost about 22 SR upon taking my 12th monk level, at level 40.

Just tested it in game against an epic caster (Xox). Turns out the SR displayed on the character sheet is in fact correct, and well, yeah. I pretty much just lost my racial SR from Svirfneblin,

Currently my Spell Resistance is set at 29.

It should be 51 because of the Svirfneblin racial SR (character level + 11)

DM Assistance would be greatly appreciated here, would hate to have to alter my build over a bug.

Artemis.
Lliira
DM

Re: Racial SR vs Diamond Soul (Monk Level 12)

Post by Lliira »

I believe it was Necrera who told me about this situation, years ago. Therefore, my drow monk should only have 10 levels, if I remember correctly. And as Raradra agreed, we can take a level or two away.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
artemishadow

Re: Racial SR vs Diamond Soul (Monk Level 12)

Post by artemishadow »

Yeah I'd be dropping down to 10 monk and replacing them with druid so. Thank you for responding Lliira.

Artemis.