Earth nature field

Disease Immunity VS Infestation of Maggots

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
artemishadow

Disease Immunity VS Infestation of Maggots

Post by artemishadow »

So, I had the unfortunate pleasure of being the recipient of a Fallen Druids Infestation of maggots today (this morning particularly), was running through temple of the dead on Zora (druid monk cot) with an uthgardt belt equipped (death magic imm, disease imm, fort +5) and somehow still received the -'s to con, which I subsequently followed straight to 3 con (not exactly healthy, you understand), then which I sat and bled to death. I know that Druids at level 9 gain immunity to poisons, so I went to read up on the spell, the descriptor in it (according to IG) says that it is in fact a disease style spell, and that as soon as the victim rolls a successful fortitude save, the spells effects are negated.

Now I could be largely deserving of a severe bad luck streak here and rolled nothing but 1's on my saves (seeing as my fort was knocking at 50's door), and had in fact gotten down to 3 con, but I'd imagine that the belt should've negated the spell entirely, if I'm not mistaken?

Any clarification here would be greatly appreciated.

Artemis
artemishadow

Re: Disease Immunity VS Infestation of Maggots

Post by artemishadow »

Just found this on the wiki, gonna post the entire entry here for future reference:

NWNWiki
On the Wiki
Wiki Activity
Random page
Videos
Images
Top content
For players
For builders
Resources
Contribute Watchlist Random page Recent changes
Infestation of maggots

3,664PAGES ON
THIS WIKI Edit Talk1
Is x2infstmagSpell level: druid 3
Innate level: 3
School: necromancy
Descriptor: disease
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: touch
Area of effect: creature touched
Duration: 1 round / 2 levels 10 rounds + 1 round / level
Save: fortitude negates
Spell resistance: yes
Additional counterspells: remove disease, heal

Description: With but a touch, you infect a target with maggot-like creatures. They deal 1d4 points of temporary constitution damage each round. Each round the subject makes a new fortitude save. The spell ends if the target succeeds at its saving throw.

Notes Edit
Requires Hordes of the Underdark.
Due to a bug, immunity to disease does not make one immune to this spell. In fact, if it does not come from a feat (divine health, purity of body, or perfect health), then disease immunity causes the saving throws to be automatically failed.
If the difficulty setting is set to "hardcore" or higher, then the round after the target's constitution score reaches 3, the target will be dealt magical damage equal to 1 more than its hit points (in order to kill it).
This spell has no effect on a target currently infected with maggots.
Fyrespray

Re: Disease Immunity VS Infestation of Maggots

Post by Fyrespray »

Now fixed