Earth nature field

Invalid skillpoints due to permanent Intelligence loss

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
TwistedVision

Invalid skillpoints due to permanent Intelligence loss

Post by TwistedVision »

To give as much information as possible...

A Drow character of mine 'Nix' (Bard 6/ Fighter 5/ RDD 8) died shortly before a server reset. He was brought back from the fugue after the reset and he lost a level of Bard due to the XP loss, so is now Bard 5.

Immediately after he was out of the fugue, I logged off and logged him into the Epic strip server to take off any items which might have required a higher level to use. However, when I then went to log back into the Epic server, I received a message telling me that his skill points were invalid and was unable to login.

I have gone back into the Epic strip server to check the character is as it should be and he has the following stats at level 18: Str 25, Dex 13, Con, 10, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 14. He appears to have permanently lost 2 points of Intelligence after dying, since his starting stats had Int at 14.

I know there can be some issues with RDDs losing levels on death but that doesn't make sense in this case because it was a Bard level he lost and he hasn't gained any Int bonus from RDD levels.

So, I have no idea why this has happened but can it be fixed?
Lliira
DM

Re: Invalid skillpoints due to permanent Intelligence loss

Post by Lliira »

I think that we should just ban all RDDs. They are a big, fat pain! They are buggy, and scripted poorly.

I can fix your character, when I get out of work. Or sometime over the next few days. I will be home in 2.5 hours or so, if you are still online. (It is now 3:23 PM Eastern U.S. time, which is -5 UTC.) I would have to meet you on the strip server, to add 2 points of Intelligence back to Nix.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
TwistedVision

Post by TwistedVision »

I'm in the UK, so the easiest thing might be for me to leave the character logged into the strip server for your convenience.

Thank you for taking the time to resolve the issue.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

I checked strip, nobody there. I will watch for you, tomorrow.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

I've had the same thing happening a while ago.
What happens is that the game thinks you have lost RDD level 9.

Level 9 gives you +2 intelligence, so the stupid reverter just substracts 2 int, even though you dropped a level in another class and even if you've never even been RDD level 9!

So basically this only happens if you loose a NON-RDD level while having 8 RDD levels.
Best thing is to get RDD level 9 as soon as possible so you advance to intelligence of 16. leveldropping then shouldn't render an invalid character.

cheers,
Xillie
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

Caught up with Nix logged in on the strip server a short bit ago. Increased his Intelligence to 14. Problem should be resolved.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

Thank you, Senectus!
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
TwistedVision

Post by TwistedVision »

Thanks all. Interesting to know how the poor coding creates the situation.