Earth nature field

Not sure if I'm missing an item or a clue

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
GWGuen

Not sure if I'm missing an item or a clue

Post by GWGuen »

I'm unable to complete a quest. I think I know what needs to be done for it but I can't do it and the game implies that I might be missing an item. By the way, I don't know how many details I should provide in here so I'm going to start fairly vague but will gladly provide any details requested. This is on the Classic Server and that server was just recently reset due to other problems I was having but the server reset didn't "fix" this for me.

While exploring west of Benzor I met a mysterious person who said that he gave me an item which we wanted me to use to get another item which would help him. The problem is that when I did this I accidentally clicked on something on my 2nd monitor (the one where the game was NOT playing) and that caused NWN to terminate immediately. Now, when I try to talk to that same mysterious person he tells me that I need to use the item that he gave me to get the other item. But I don't have the first item anywhere in my inventory. I've looked through my inventory multiple times but I don't see it.

I think I know where else in that area that I need to go and what I need to do with the 1st item to get the 2nd item but it's not working for me, presumably because I don't have the 1st item. So, if I need to have this item in my inventory to complete this quest, is there some other way to get it? Or if an additional item isn't really needed to finish the quest then please let me know and I'll go back and try again to see what clues that I missed.

Thanks,
GWGuen