Earth nature field

(Classic) Character login refused

Please post any in-game or website related bugs you encounter and any helpful steps or information to replicate the bug. **NOTE** If this is an unbalancing in-game exploit, please PM the DMs with the information to avoid any possible abuses. If you're unsure, PM the DMs.
Lliira
DM

Re: (Classic) Character login refused

Post by Lliira »

Perhaps Senectus could check for the racial item, and then remove it. (And give it back after the character is able to log in.) Or, if it is missing - give the character a new one. If he cannot do this, or if it does not work, Raradra would have to try to edit once she has computer access.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins
palomarandsky

Post by palomarandsky »

Thanks, Lliira.

In the interim let me go ahead and install a new copy of game. In an hour I will let you know either it works or not.
palomarandsky

Post by palomarandsky »

Lliira,

Re-installation didn't work. I think next step would be de-levelling the character. Please also let me know if you have other ideas.
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

Sorry for the long delay on this. I will try and see if de-leveling the character resolves the issue. I'll try one level first, then will likely try three or four at a time to keep it moving.
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

I tried lvl 19, then 15, and no luck for either, then took it down to level one, and I'm able to enter the game with her, but then I get booted with the message "Possible Duplicate Character, please see a DM, booting..."

I deleted your character from your vault, but still got the message. I'm going to put your character at level 1 back in your vault. Let me know if you are able to get in that way and we can look at re-leveling. I left all your items that you had equipped on the third page of your inventory.

I believe you had 200,926 xp over level 20 before I got started.
palomarandsky

Post by palomarandsky »

Hi Senectus,

Unfortunately I have the 'booted' message as soon as I hit the login:(
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

That is unfortunate. I'll try and look in to it some more over the next few days, but it doesn't appear promising at this point.

Thanks for the test results.
Xillie

Post by Xillie »

Is LETO used in the attempts to fix this character?
Senectus
DM

Post by Senectus »

It hadn't so far Xillie, no. Will try and have a look with LETO as well.
Lliira
DM

Post by Lliira »

As an alternate, I’m thinking that rerolling the character might solve the problem. A DM could store your gear on their avatar, and give it to the newly rolled character. (Namely Senectus, because I do not have access to the vault.) The trouble would be name – you would not be able to use the exact same name, until all other versions were deleted. You could use the same name with one space in front of the first name. Or give the new character a middle name. Just some thoughts.
Lliira – Joy, Festivals
Sehanine (Moonbow) – Dreams, Mysticism, Moon Elves
Yondalla – Creation, Tradition, Wisdom
Zinzerena - Chaos, Assassins